Device Error: file/assembly not found

Dave Mitchell

Licensed User
When trying to run a program on my device that uses .dll's, I get the following error: An error occurred. File or assembly name 'Storage Card\Basic4PPC Dev\HTTP.dll', or one of its dependencies, was not found. The program uses HTTP.dll and it is in the named directory along with the program source code. Programs run fine if they don't use any .dll's and I get the same error with any .dll. I am using a Sprint Mogul, V6.01 of Basic4PPC, .Net v2.0.7045 and System_SR_ENU_wm is installed. Thanks for any guidance.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ithink this has to do with the fact that the http dll uses CF2.0...
You need to copy the config file to the same folder as the app...
t should have been created when you compliled your app, and it's name should be something like..."yourApp.exe.config"...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The config files are no longer required since version 6.0.
Although the HTTP library is a .NET 1.0 library I thought that legacy compiled apps using .NET 2 libraries running on systems with both .NET 1.0/1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed still needed the config file to force .NET 2.0 operation - the legacy compiler still produces a config file and Dbasic still has one. :confused: Am I mistaken?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are right. If you want to use .Net 2.0 libraries with the legacy compiler you should distribute the config file as well.

However I don't see no reason of using the legacy compiler with .Net 2.0 libraries.
The only exception is if you want to take advantage of the VGA double pixel mode (which is also supported by the optimized compiler in V6.30).

Dave Mitchell

Licensed User
Thanks. I found that installing Basic4PPC on the device and moving the source files and .dll's to the device resolved the issue.