Digital Diploma

Should there be digital diplomas after completed tests online?

• Total voters

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
OOh so you're educated in B4X School... you're F(H)IRED!!!

After years of studying the B4X language I got the idea that there should be a digital diploma for learning and qualifying for different levels of mastery in the language :)

Just like in any regular university when you've been a student for many years you get an official diploma.
It's important for furter studies elsewhere in programming and also for applying for job positions.

The diploma can be digital and be sent through email after completing programming questions online.

So what do you think about this idea? It will be interesting to know about your comment.

For example tests in various platforms, basic level, intermediate and expert!!

The diploma should not be free. You need to pay Anywhere software to sign up for a test :)

This will make B4X language a high status online education that companies are looking for!!

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mashiane Thanks, I came up with the idea today after reading about the discussions about Resumable Subs and the many ideas about how it works :)
It made me think about that we've spent years learning B4X and deserve some 'appreciation' from struggling with learning as years go by.
I am sure most of us are far better than most Master and phD students at Chalmers University (and others). B4X is by far superior to native JavaFX.
Just my two cents :cool:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Someone voted No!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::mad::eek:

Please vote (yes) on top of the page everyone!!

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Someone also wants to teach b4a as a business... https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/teaching-b4a-as-a-bussiness.101974/#post-640068

Erel has a lot to think about. I find yours and the topic about b4a for business related to everthing 'school' based. Do we want Erel to run a school? Its hard to vote on this as the dependency will still be Erel and his passions as much as its a good idea. Perhaps PM him directly and find out if its something he could be thrilled about.

#MyTwoCents.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting, I will take a look at that. I assume Erel will find this post so there's no need to PM him personally. He should not be disturbed in his important work anyway.

A programming school should be automated from scripts, with recorded video tutorials with a more insight about each part of the programming language, and a video recording of Erel in a tuxedo suit and a tie looking sharp welcoming online students and congratulating videos for completed tests, just like in a real school.
We pay for each lesson plan, for example Basic level is cheapest. After completing the videos we have to sign up for a test when we're ready. We can do the test three times and if we fail we have to pay for the test again, while the videos for that will be unlocked. Each study level can be Basic, Intermediate and Expert. There can be a discussion in the forum about covering the study programs so users can learn the neccessary steps. It will start easy with IDE stuff and becomes more and more difficult. For each step passed you will know what level we are currently at. The forum will still be available to feed from, but a structured education plan would be great.
It will also be a way for Erel to promote his work for business since they can then pay him to find skilled programmers. Preferably in apps for Android and iOS.
Business people can log in to search the students that passed the tests in various levels and users can post their digital diplomas to Linkedin and use in their Resume.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
This way he can also make money from Businesses buying the app, or paying a monthly fee to scout for talents :cool:

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Someone voted No!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::mad::eek:
Please vote (yes) on top of the page everyone!!
I will vote yes :)

but show what you can do is more important, show your projects!!

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@f0raster0 Thanks for liking my idea. It's worth to think about since the academic schools should better introduce B4X in their corridors..

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
So everyone who votes no, how do you motivate that Chalmers and Harward and other academical schools ignores B4X?

How do you promote your hard earned knowledge when applying for a job as a computer programmer?

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
'Yes' is still in the lead so I guess I had a point with posting this in the first place. Better stay neutral to respect both sides.

But what it all comes down to is how well you promote yourself from what you have learned.

It has nothing to do with me, it's all about yourself and the educational system.

But I know that it can be a sensitive matter, when anger and hurt comes in at the appointment to a job position...

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's worth to think about since the academic schools should better introduce B4X in their corridors..

[USER=40293]@ThRuST
it is already happening for years!!
In the university there in my own country (a teacher moved a course from Visual basic to b4x )
and also in an intitute here in the other side of the world[/user]

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@f0raster0 That's great news. But I mean that B4X does not have a formal reputation for the academic world, or else there would be a study grade program with specific educational goals, and that's the whole point with posting this poll.
B4X is in that sense more of a 'hobby programmers toolbox' versus the official study circles that you will only find in universities sponsored by Volvo, SaaB Ericsson...