Disable Multi-touch

JOFA666

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0085:

Hi all,

I have been searching the forums and cannot find an answer to my problem. In an app I am creating, I need to disable the multi-touch feature of devices. In other words, I only want one input at a time. This is due to the fact that multi-touch creates a glitch in my app. Is there a way to disable multi-touch in the activity, in the android manifest, or somewhere else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

JOFA666

Licensed User
Longtime User
You cannot disable it. You have to handle these events properly with the Gestures library or the Gesture detector library.

Can anyone please tell me or give me advice on how I could use the "Gestures" library to block out multi-touch inputs?

Upvote 0

JOFA666

Licensed User
Longtime User
:BangHead:

It has been a while since my last post, but I have not been able to find an answer to my question. Hopefully, some more information will help.

Basically, my form has multiple ImageView controls. In the program, the user is able to press multiple ImageView controls at once. This is a problem, as it acts as a glitch for my app.

I need the user to only be able to press one ImageView control at a time.

I have heard of doing something with a gestures library, where if pointers > 1, then the touch event does not work. However, there are no clear tutorials or help forum pages on this which I have found.

Help on this method, or any other possible method that could solve my problem would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

JOFA666

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have already tried this, and it does not fix my problem. Have you got any other suggestions?

Upvote 0