Disconcerting desktop IDE bug

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the last line of program in the desktop IDE editor, which will be an End Sub, is not terminated by a CRLF ( in this case there is no other line number after the End Sub line) and that last Sub is folded up then if that last line number containing the folded Sub is clicked as though to select the entire line all the source code in the Editor window vanishes! When it first happened to me I briefly thought that somehow I had deleted my entire program! :(

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it doesn't seem to happen all the time - I thought it did originally but it doesn't. The attachment is the smallest I can get it and still see the problem. It looks as though the source is shifted way to the left but the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom doesn't reflect this.

Remember that I am running the unreleased version 6.80.02, that might or might not be significant!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. Now I see it too. I'm working with a wide screen and it didn't happen when the IDE window was maximised.
I will look into it further. Though it seems like a bug in the IDE control which is a third party control (Actipro). For some reason the selected length is much longer than the actual text and it causes the window to shift to the left.