dll produced by compile

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
I notice that when compiling for forced qvga (and possibly normal) for device the formlib is merged but a dll is produced with the name of the exe and it is much larger than the formlib.

I will be grateful (and possibly others) if somebody would please educate me in the main sequence of events when I hit compile, and what is produced.

Thank you

[Edit] Including the config and its purpose please

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The optimized compiler creates single standalone executables in all modes except of Forced QVGA.

Forced QVGA creates three files:
A small executable which loads the dll.
The dll is actually your program (and embedded images / libraries).
Config file - The config file causes the .Net CF to load your program using .Net CF 2.0 in a special backwards compatibility mode which supports the "double pixel" method.

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for that enlightenment Erel.
It certainly makes a difference knowing what is happening. I didn't realise the dll was the program. I apologise if this is already covered in another post but one cannot read all and sometimes it is difficult to know what to search for if you don't already know the answer.
I presume from what you have said that I could program in 480 x 640 mode pixel by pixel, but perhaps you could say whether that mode would be faster/slower than pixel doubling to cover the same screen area.

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel, I swear you NEVER sleep, you must have been waiting in the wings for this one.