do EditText "fields" allow programmatic update

MichaelTJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
i've worked with VB for years and frequently allow input fields to be manipulated by the code.... for instance, a voice recognition engine might record "tuna salad won" and the vb code change that to "tuna salad 1" right before the users eyes.... "to", "too", and 'two" might get the exact same treatment as in changing any one of those to a numeric "2".... the point is that the vb CAN update/overwrite what the user has just entered.... can this be done with the EditText field or is is strictly limited to accepting input from the user... i am beginning to suspect the later and will have to change my approach if this is indeed the case... if the basic CAN change the EditText "fields" any insight as to how this could work would be greatly appreciated as i have been hacking away at the task but making no progress... Michael

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcolm Michael .. Its just the same as VB.

B4X:
EditText1.Text = "tuna salad 1"

Cheers mj

Upvote 0

MichaelTJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes but....

i get that far alright but i can't find the "refresh" or whatever it would be that would cause the EditText1 to display the problematically changed value of EditText1 on the form or screen or panel or module???

Upvote 0

MichaelTJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
that was the problem...

i was initializing based on other advice i'd read... thank you for helping me out

Upvote 0