iOS Question Do mac builder have mac os?

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
Do i need to Mac os (virtual or real device) if i purchase local mac builder?
Because i see for connectivity iphone device use mac os in tutorial
also i purchase local mac builder
(I cannot have mac os )

Eric Baker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, to compile apps locally for B4I you need a mac. Apps are compiled with xCode (the mac development tools) and they only run on OS X.

If you do not have a mac, you can purchase a subscription to the inexpensive remote (hosted) builder. B4I will then send your code to the remote computer to be compiled. I got to try this recently, and I think it is worth the money and works well.

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, to compile apps locally for B4I you need a mac. Apps are compiled with xCode (the mac development tools) and they only run on OS X.

If you do not have a mac, you can purchase a subscription to the inexpensive remote (hosted) builder. B4I will then send your code to the remote computer to be compiled. I got to try this recently, and I think it is worth the money and works well.
Very thnaks.i have 2 question
what is local mac builder? and how use inexpensive remote and is free?
i cannot create virtual mac os and i am very depress

Upvote 0

Eric Baker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very thnaks.i have 2 question
what is local mac builder? and how use inexpensive remote and is free?
i cannot create virtual mac os and i am very depress

Local Mac builder is software that you install on a mac to compile B4I apps on your own computer. It is included with B4I at no additional cost.

If you do not have access to a mac, you have the option of paying $26 per year for hosted builder. Hosted builder does same as local builder, but is for people who do not have a mac.

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Local Mac builder is software that you install on a mac to compile B4I apps on your own computer. It is included with B4I at no additional cost.

If you do not have access to a mac, you have the option of paying $26 per year for hosted builder. Hosted builder does same as local builder, but is for people who do not have a mac.
Ok thank you.it's useful.i try to get mac os :)

Upvote 0