Do not understand basic4ppc.

dennishea

Licensed User
Basic4ppc on my device when in the ide and you want to load a source file and you have all folders selected I only see one folder on the storage card. I have put source file's in that directory thinking that at least I can load them from there but oh no it see's just 3 file's that were origanlly there and nothing else. I have uninstalled 2 times and hard reset it once and reinstalled 6.0 and even put source file in the same directory with basic4ppc and it still only sees the one directory on the sd card. I'm very frustrated and will give it a break until tomorrow and start fresh. I am also haveing problems with a program that uses sql and I've tried everything that could find on the forum to resolve that issue and it refuse's to cooperate. It for one thing says it doesn't recognise or see sql
dll and one or two other things. It's past my bedtime so I am going to call it day and tomorrow I will list all the things that aren't going right along with the error's that it gives me. The only thing at the moment that seems to be working ok is the desktop ide knock on wood. Any way I already feel a little better just venting a little. Everybody have a nice day whats left of and will see what tomorrow brings.

:sign0148:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

dennishea

Licensed User
Ok resolved issues with loading source files on the device. (my fault :signOops:) The program I'm writing using sql for data base is still not cooperating. I did try reloading cf net 2 on device but that didn't help either. I used the sqldevice file that came with 6.01. The program compile's in normal mode for desktop and runs on desktop. It compile's on desktop in normal mode for device but will not run on device complainning about sqldevice.dll, error loading program listing sqldevice.dll as the problem and the path it show's is where it and the program reside. It will not compile optimize for the device. This is what it pops out for error trying to compile optimize. Also both dll's that came with 6.01, system.data.sqlite.dll and sqldevice.dll are in same directory as program at compile time.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 174

dennishea

Licensed User
Erel, Thanks for your time. I downloaded the zip file and discovered that when I installed and reinstalled 6.01 I didn't and should have deleted anywhere software directory. It looks like it kept some of the old dll's instead of taking the new one's. At least thats what I think happened. When I put the dll's that you sent in place everything is working fine. The next time I do an update I will uninstall basic4ppc, then delete the old directory, then install the upgrade, then maybe I won't have all these problems. Again thanks for putting me back on the right path. Your support is the best along with some of the profesional programers makes every penny a person pays for your software well worth it. :sign0188::sign0188::sign0060::sign0188::sign0188: