DOS protection

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
A new module was installed on the server to help protect from (intentional or unintentional) DOS attacks.

Ideally it should never block regular visitors. If you do get blocked then it will be lifted automatically after 60 seconds.

Please report here if you encounter any issue.

Last edited:

An Schi

Licensed User
This is just a minor thing and i don't consider it as annoying:

When i do a search and 'ctrl-click' on several results fast to open them in new tabs, only the first one or two open. The others will be 403 errors. (you don't have permission to access /android/forum/threads/76536/ on this server.)

An Schi

Licensed User
Would it be possible to deactivate this for licensed users?
I guess a DDOS attack would make use of unregistered or un-licensed users.
I doubt the attackers will buy thousands of licenses :eek:;)

An Schi

Licensed User
Well, if it is not possible, it is no problem for me. Like i wrote in the first post, it is only a very minor thing...

When does it happen for you?

Example:
I search for Firebase.
The first result is: B4A Library FirebaseNotifications - Push messages
The second result is: B4A Tutorial Integrating Firebase Services
Now i use 'ctrl-click' on the first and second result. The first one opens, the second one is 403.

A more drastic example is searching for something like 'wheel view' with prefix 'b4a' and 'library'.
On the result page of that search i would like to open every result in a new tab, to fly over the first posts, the images and compare them.

But again - don't go mad and waste your time ;) It isn't very important nor annoying!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to agree that is really annoying, last night I was making a post and needed to open a second tab (I was searching) and got the "forbidden" error, I had to close the browser because waiting didn't do a thing.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't matter whether you close the browser as this the server temporary blocks your ip address.

Hmmm, what about using the Tor network? :D

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if it could be related but, it seems that when I am on the mobile, writing some post, the forum autosaves the post and after that I have to press twice the "Post Reply" button. The first attempt is failing and after a short delay I can try again and post.
Chrome 62.0.3202.84 with data economy engaged.