Wish Double click object and dim and create _click event

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Would be good if you double click a object in the designer, and it will automatically dim the object, and also create the _click event in the module you have selected. Currently you have to right click the object, and select the dim option, and then having to right click again the second time and select the _click option.

If you could make it to that you just double click the object and simulate as if you dimmed the objected and clicked the _click event from the right mouse click menu on the object.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Creating both a dim and a click event appears to be a bit too much for my liking (overkill), I think that's it's good the way that's it is already.

When I first started using Basic4Android many many many moons ago, the features I really wanted the most was to double click on views to create its click events. Sadly that has never been added, but hey it's good the way it is right now and we've all gotten used to it that way.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe Ctrl+Alt + Click an object it will create the _click event & dim the object. Shift + double click will create the _click event only.

Above as an idea.

(maybe have a setting in the IDE to enable / disable this function if people don't want this option?)

I just find double clicking something quicker than right mouse clicking things multiple times.