Android Question download multiple files via HttpUtils2

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i would like to download multiple files about 50 (all together about 2.5MB) now i am doing it via ftp and it takes to much i tried 8 files and it took about 30 second

maybe httputils2 will be faster

can i download more the one file in 1 job?
i dont want to create 50 different jobs!!!

thanks

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i would like to download multiple files about 50 (all together about 2.5MB) now i am doing it via ftp and it takes to much i tried 8 files and it took about 30 second

maybe httputils2 will be faster

can i download more the one file in 1 job?
i dont want to create 50 different jobs!!!

thanks
I don't you can, the way i've always done it is by starting the next job as soon as the previous one is done. Maybe Erel can answer this better.

Cheers,
Walter

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't you can, the way i've always done it is by starting the next job as soon as the previous one is done. Maybe Erel can answer this better.

Cheers,
Walter

this is not effective for me, i would like to download more then one file at one time and also if file nr10 fail to download the chain will be cut and no more file will be downloaded so this is not a good solution for me

thanx anyway,..

i am 100% sure there is a way i also belive i saw it in the forum but cannot find it, will look again ...

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are allowed to restart a job which has failed :D I do it in a controlled (!) chain. If a job should fail, I repeat it.

As I have some kind of a cms system I only load the files the app did not load before (caching). So for me the single file download is a must have for me (to reduce the traffic).

Other solution: Zip all the files you need to download (with php) and unzip that one big file on the device. I didn't try that so far.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are allowed to restart a job which has failed :D I do it in a controlled (!) chain. If a job should fail, I repeat it.

As I have some kind of a cms system I only load the files the app did not load before (caching). So for me the single file download is a must have for me (to reduce the traffic).

Other solution: Zip all the files you need to download (with php) and unzip that one big file on the device. I didn't try that so far.

this is exactly what i am trying, zip all files and unzip.

thanx

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not? Thats the only way to download all the files in parallel.

hmm.. if thats the only way than i wont do it like this.

i am now downloading 1 file (zip) and unzip it after download (much_faster AND less_code = happy) :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0