DraggableView Problem

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
First I'll explain what I want to do, then describe the problem.

I'm making a game app. There is a menu item, initialized in the main activity module. When you click on menuItem "options", the app makes a container panel visible with two custom control sliders. One for music and One for SFX. I use Erel's DraggableView class to smoothly move the slider control panels up and down.

All of that works.

The problem is I can't figure out how to read the position of the sliders' control panels, from outside the DraggableView class, and outside of the Main Activity, where these objects were set up.

-Sterling

sterlingy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

First of all, I resolved the problem. Regardless, I think I need a better understanding of scope and what variables/objects can be accessed from where.

I did make Panel1 public, but the DV class was called from yet another module other than the one in which I need to utilize the information. The solution was to pass the Original panel that is manipulated by the DV class, to the module where I need the data.

I had tried declaring the panel in Process Global, but then the module in which the panel was created, couldn't get access to it.

I don't know why this works with some things and not others.

-Sterling

Upvote 0