Draw/Shapes

bdiscount

Licensed User
This is a program using imglib, imglibex, and a txt file.
it saves image and loads img the only thing I have yet to learn is how to save a specific section of the screen. any help would be appreciated..The dlls are not in the zip.

Attachments

• button.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 388

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi bdiscount,

nice application but I'll receive an error choosing the menu option "back color" since the messagebox (line number 120) isn't implemented correctly.

And a small hint to "delete" the external text file by using the AddEvent command. Add the For/Next loop to you App_Start and additionally add the sub bcClick:
B4X:
Sub App_Start
For i = 1 To 48 
    AddEvent("bc" & i, Click, "bcClick")
Next
fm1.show
img1.New1
act0(0)
drawer.New1("fm1",false)
End Sub

Sub bcClick
    fc0 = Control(Sender).Color
    c0.color=fc0
End Sub
Now the Draw10.txt is not needed any more!

specci48

Edit:
Since Erel seems to have read this post (suprprise, surprise...), he added a subject "runtime controls manipulation" in the tutorial forum http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907. Just have a look at it for further explanation...

Last edited:

colin9876

Licensed User
1) Can anyone post the dlls I need to make this program work, as Im downloading this over the air to my device (not got pc here). Got it to load, and looked at the forms on it but it doesnt run yet???

2) Just curious- on the form two invisible boxes at the bottom ax ay - what r these for? I saw the same thing on another program?

3) Im not sure if this program does what Im also trying to do but
I want to draw a pic to an image box then save it as a file
(almost like having a bit map editor)
I tried image1.line & image1.circle but although it didnt error nothing happened

So can you draw to an image box and then save it as a file?

Thanks

bdiscount

Licensed User
As it says imagelibex.dll and imagelib.dll are used.
the ax and ay are array lists, used in drawing.
It will save the form as a bmp.
I have not been able to save a portin of the form to make it more usefull.
If you come up with away to save a portion let me know.
You should have got the dlls from here and or with B4ppc
:sign0148:

colin9876

Licensed User
Format of bitmap files

Without using a library I want to write a routine to scan a pic and save it as a bitmap

Just out of ineterst does anyone know in a bitmap how many bytes is used for each pixel.

Now at first I thought 3,one each for R G B because they have 256 variants each.

But now I realise that PPC only shows 32 shades of each RGB, if u draw at say 9,9,9 it will round it to 8,8,8
So 32 options is 5 bits, so 15 bits in all (leaves 1bit redundant if 2 bytes are used)

Questions>
1) I assume bitmaps are not compressed (unlike jpgs)
2) What order are the pixels stored in the file (e.g.a row at a time starting from top to bottom)
3) Is there any header info in a bitmap file