Android Question drone dji compass info

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings I hope you are well, how could I know the information of the drone in the air, how could I know the orientation that has azimute ,tks

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if the drone has an app, download it. problem solved.

otherwise, you need a drone with gps, wifi and an api.

if your drone does not have gps and wifi, then you
need to strap the smallest android device you can
find (with gps and wifi) to the drone and talk to it that
way. there are still a few small android phones out
there running os 2.x or 4.x. the communication between
drone and you is the easy part. see if the drone can fly
with the phone attached. then came back to the us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
well, there you go. what does it say? is it available in java? if so, it might be usable with b4x (there are a number of things to consider). i'm guessing that you don't know how to use it, so that means you'll need somebody who can figure out how to use it. i'm surprised there are no fellow dji drone users in the b4x brotherhood. you need one. or somebody who is interested in becoming one.

have you looked at the sdk? you've been a member for some time; have you ever done anything with 3rd party sdk's? b4x already has what you need to receive data from network-connected devices. everything depends on what the sdk allows and how it can be integrated into the project.

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there seems to be some interest in dji. did you search here in the forum. i found this library
i have no idea what it does, but it might be useful to you.

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in what way does it not work? i'm seeing a number of dji-related posts. you've been through all of them?

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
have you tried google? i searched for "dji communication protocol" and found this interesting link
there are apparently numerous links if you search for "hacking dji".

Upvote 0