E-book reader

Andy

Licensed User
:sign0085: Hi There
I would like to make a program to allow me to read e-books in .exe format. I know how to create an e-book.exe but my PDA will not open it. Could anybody have any ideas how to do it?
Kind regards
Andy

Andy

Licensed User
Hi Erel
Those are actually .exe files but created by desktop compiler so I can't open it on my PDA because the .exe file isn't created for this platform. Perhaps if you could show me the way to compile HTML to .exe (or whatever) which would be possible to open in WM.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards Andy

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andy,

what is the name of the compiler? It seems a bit strange the they have the suffix ".exe" since this is usually reserved for executable files.:confused:

Or I might have misunderstood you, if you have the original and it is in html - then you can already read it on the PDA using e.g. ubook (GowerPoint.com shareware - but in my opinion well worth the money)

all the best / Björn

Last edited:

Andy

Licensed User
Hi Bjorn
Yes you are right, those books are very small executables, which run well on desktop computer but it won't on PDA.
Compiler name is" SbookBuilder 10"
Regards Andy

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Bjorn
Yes you are right, those books are very small executables, which run well on desktop computer but it won't on PDA.
Compiler name is" SbookBuilder 10"
Regards Andy

If you are looking for a html book reader that runs on the PC and PDA, you might want to look at Mobipocket.com. They have executables for both platforms. They even have a free product that you can create e-books for their readers.

If you want to build your own, you might want to look at the web browser library or the HTML Panel Library for Basic4PPC

Andy

Licensed User
Not exactly what I want - but for this moment it will do. Thanks digitaldon37:sign0060:

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
You might try to use Andrew's htmlPanel.dll. I have just been playing around with it and it is awesome !

I would think that it would be very easy to adapt it to become an ebook reader.

all the best / Björn