Wish Editor should show full path to file being edited

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) If I load a B4A project, it may have 5 or 6 .bas files and the editor has a tab for each file. If I'm editing the .bas file, I need to know which directory this file is in. Usually text editors will display the full path of the file in the editor's title bar. But with B4A I'm flying blind. I may have several versions of this project in different directories and I need to know which directory these files are in from the B4A editor.

2) The B4A File dropdown menu should be widened so when it displays recently opened projects it doesn't display "..." in the middle of the project's file path. It is very hard for me to determine which directory the project is in unless I hover the mouse over each and every file.

TIA

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
As a follow up to suggestion #1. If I export the B4A project using "File > Export as Zip > Include Shared Modules" and later restore it to a new directory, this directory has the files from the Shared Modules directory, which is fine. But when I open the project and start working on the .bas files in the editor, I don't know where these files are located. Are they in the restored (current) project directory or from the shared modules directory? Or did it find them some place else? I really don't know just by using the B4A IDE. This I feel is dangerous. I could be editing the wrong file from the wrong directory (old version of the file).

As I mentioned in my first post, the status bar should have the complete path to the file name that is being edited, like most text editors do.

Also it would be ideal if the Modules pane had the module name (like it does now), followed by the complete path for this module.

Modules Pane Example:
Utils - c:\Shared Modules\Utils.bas
Utils2 - c:\B4A_Projects\Project_X\Utils2.bas

This way I can easily glance at all of the modules used by this B4A project and see which directories they are stored in. This will remove any doubt as to where the file has come from.