Android Question EditText - backspace all makes whole activity go blank

Tony Tetley

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A version 5.20

I have a multi-line EditText control on my activity. It works as expected except for using the backspace key on the on-screen keyboard. If I backspace until all text is gone the entire activity goes blank and I have to use the back key to get out. I am doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Tony Tetley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the reply. The project is pretty large, so I made a small test project with just the Layout where I am seeing the problem. My test program does not exhibit the same behavior, so I must have something else going on that is causing the problem. I will do some debugging and see if I can't figure it out.

Upvote 0

Tony Tetley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I never encountered such an issue. Can you upload your project (File - Export as zip)?

I am unable to determine why this is failing in one app but not another. I zipped the project, but it is 556kb and the upload limit is 512kb. How can I get the zip file to you?

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you calling the TextChanged sub? Perhaps show us that code. Also, are you getting any error messages in the Log?

Upvote 0

Tony Tetley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you calling the TextChanged sub? Perhaps show us that code. Also, are you getting any error messages in the Log?
I did add the TextChanged Sub, but the only statement is a LOG() to help see what was going on. I also included Subs for EnterPressed and FocusChanged with only LOG() statements. The only difference in the LOG between my app that works and the one that does not is that the failing app I see a FocusChanged and the HasFocus value is False. The app that works never shows the FocusChanged. In both cases this is when pressing the back space (X) key on the virtual keyboard.

The log shows no errors, just the output of my LOG() statements.

Sub myWineryNotes_TextChanged (Old As String, New As String)
Log("Text changed - old: " & Old & " new: " & New)
End Sub
Sub myWineryNotes_EnterPressed
Log("Notes, enter pressed")
End Sub
Sub myWineryNotes_FocusChanged (HasFocus As Boolean)
Log("Notes focus: " & HasFocus)
End Sub

Upvote 0