Android Question EditText lost focus with Hard Keyboard

Jose Cuevas

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends, I have an Activity with 8 EditText, if I press Enter (in a Hand Held with hard numeric keyboard) and the EditTexts are empty, the focus skip between EditTexts fine, but if the EditText are not empty, the focus start to skip 2 EditText, even some times skip all the EditText and go to the Button at the end of the Activity, totally erratic behavior.

I have tried with several HH with hard keyboard and the behavior is the same.

Also, the Enter is not detected with the Activity_KeyPress or Activity_KeyUp events.

I'm desperate because my deadline is approaching and i don't have a solution.

Thanks in advance, for your help.

Regards,

Daniel44

Licensed User
Hey José try this:
B4X:
Sub EditBox1_TextChanged (Old As String, New As String)

If EditBox1.Text <> "" Then
       EditBox2.InputType = EditBox2.INPUT_TYPE_NUMBERS
       EditBox2.requestFocus
  End If
End Sub

I don't know if I undertood what you want

Upvote 0

Jose Cuevas

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hola Daniel, muchas gracias por tu respuesta, el problema es con el teclado físico de la Hand Held, al ingresar un dato en el EditText y presionar Enter, se salta hasta 2 o 3 EditText, no pasa al siguiente, si uso el Enter del teclado virtual si lo hace bien.

Ya probé con el evento EnterPressed y FocusChanged y nada. Con el FocusChanged funciona bien el Enter, pero si quiere regresar a un EditText para corregir algún dato, ya no regresa, se queda en donde está el Focus.

Voy a probar tu código y te cuento.

Saludos y de nuevo muchas gracias.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…