Electrical Engineering

per

Licensed User
I started using b4ppc recently, so am very much a beginner, to get the hang of it I attempeted to write an engineering calculation program, the attached file is the result still under development. If there are any other electrical engineers using b4ppc and want to add to this program please do and post your work.
The programm uses three csv files with cable, transformer and motor data.

Attachments

• ElecCalc.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 476

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Per, I`m a Electrical Master in Germany with a little Company. I use to write a Firmware for the daily work. Use the Software and tell me what do you think.
Sorry but my german is better.

Gruß Bobbes

Attachments

• Für Basic 4 PPC.zip
    79.5 KB · Views: 344

grgczyz

Licensed User
Hi Per and Bobbes,

I'm also electrician. I like your programs. I was wondering if you could write a kind of electrical circuits simulation program s.th. like Automation Studio of course much simplier one. Only power supply, two types of contacts (NO NC), few types of coils, bulb and few types of manual switches (pushbutton-taster, toggle). In this program you could draw a digram using above mentioned elements and simulate it. You could mark phase wires by red and neutral by blue. You could also press buttons or switch switches.
I really miss this kind of program for PPC.
Maybe you know this kind of software for PPC?

Regards, Mit freundlichem Gruß,

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I'm also an electronic tecknician, and liked your sugestion...
maybe we can put our haeds togetter, and try to come up with something...
but start it simple, ok?

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0060:
Hi Cableguy
very nice idear lets try it but my english is very bad.

Bobbes

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

The idea of a simulation program is interesting and tickels me a bit.

I had a look at Automation Studio, its very complete and quite complex.

I am not an electrician but a mecanical engineer, but have some knowledge in electrical engineering and in simulations.

But before beginning something it is necessary to define the subject more concrete.
So I have a lot of questions
- what is the goal of the program
- what kind of elements
- what kind of simulations static, dynamic
- what kind of resutls
- what kind of sketch for input
- what kind of interaction on the sketches
- how to display the results

grgczyz could you or anybody else establish a kind of wishlist, on what you imagine the program should be able to do and even what you are dreaming of.

I had a dream some 25 years ago of a dynamic simulation program, with measurement aquisition and graphic result handling to compare simulated and real results. This has become reality some years later and the program is still used. (HP and later Visulal Basic on desktop).

But we must be aware that our pocket PC's are not workstations and that there will be some limitations in term of processing power, screen size, memory and perhaps even Basic4ppc.

I agree with cableguy to begin simple but we must have clear ideas for the extensions or future evolutions of the program to begin with a robust framework.

As an idea what could be done have a look at this.
http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1245

It could perhaps be a base for a beginning.
- there are different elements
- there is a sketch to put the elements on
- the program establishes the equations with these elements and calculates
- but
- the results are only static, no time functions
- the results are only number lists

With the wishlist(s) we can have an answer if this application could be modified to satisfy new requirements or if we have to begin at ZERO or if our dreams are still too exotic.

Klaus
Switzerland

Last edited:

grgczyz

Licensed User
Hi Klaus,

I like your program very much.:sign0188:
The inteface of the program could be very similar to yours one.
From the menu or graphical panel you could pick up some electrical elements and put them on layout. You could also connect elements by lines (wires). When you draw the diagram it will be possible to turn on the simulation and make your diagram live. For instance when you will press the switch the bulb will light up and so on.

The idea of the program is taken from the Circuit Maker 6 Student.
Similar idea is in Automation Studio but it is much more complicated.
I know that calculation power of Pocket PC is much more lower than PC and that is why the quantity of elements on the diagram would be limited.

Well ... as to the engine of the program I can imagine a big square array ... lets say 100 by 100 with knots. In the array there will be information what element is between knots (line, contact, coil, bulb, switch ....) and what is its state (switch is on or off, contact is closed or open and so on).
Contacts should be connected to coils by reference name in order to know when to open and when to close. Wires under potential of 230V could be marked on RED and neutral ones on BLUE.

This the general idea of this program.

Thank you Klaus once more for your interest.
Best Regards,

Greg

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Greg
I had a look at Circuit Maker, it's interesting and quite complete.

To be more concrete, could you or somebody else
- establish a list of what objects, you would like to have, with their symbols
- some sketches of circuits you would create, at least a simple one and a more complex one
- what kind of simulations, only switch on switch off or more sophisticated.
- what kind of result display if there are any

Depending on complexity of the circuits, the program could become a quite big project.

At the moment I am writing a dynamic simulation program for systems with a drive with control loops, a motor and a mecanical load linked with an elasticity to the motor, a movement generator and graphic results display. This will keep me busy for a while. I joined some screenshots. I don't know if this kind of simulation is interesting for you?
It needs still some testing and tuning and the calculation time is too long, specialy on the device.
I will post it on the forum when its usable.

Best regards
Klaus
Switzerland

Attachments

• DynSimModel.jpg
    DynSimModel.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 323
  • DynSimMov.jpg
    DynSimMov.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 278
  • DynSimGraph.jpg
    DynSimGraph.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 303

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ,
we talk a along time ago about a Electrical Engineering I said to me Refresh this Tread again and hope that the comunity talk about.

Hi Cableguy Please test my BerechnungsProg and please say what do you think about. Sorry but the language is in german

Regards Bobbes

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The visuals are appealling but a bit agressive too...
In the Ohm Calculator, there seems to be some redundancy, in having the drop-down values of the E series, and the numeric fields...
The other forms, I can only guess, bcause my knowleage of german is very next to Null...
It seems to me that your goal is to make an "electrical Formulas calculator" of some sort, is this correct?

Bobbes

Licensed User
Longtime User
We use this Programm for our daily work in our Comany. Mostly for the cabelcaculat.

Regards Bobbes