Email on pocket pc2003

bluesxx

Hi,

I'm new and trying to produce my first application.

I have an IPAQ running pocket PC2003 and I'm trying to send an email from my application. There's no outlook for ppc2003 so I can't do it from the outlook.dll and I can't find any other library with any email calls.
According to the documentation the outlook library replaced an email library, do I have to go back to an earlier version of basic4ppc or can I get hold of the email library.

Thanks in advance.

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Bluesxx,

you could try using the shell command: shell("mailto:[email protected]","") this opens the default email program of your device - although this doesn't allow you to add an attachment automatically.

Do a search on "mailto", there are three relevant threads there.

All the best and good luck / Björn

bluesxx

Thanks for your help BjornF but I was trying to send an email in the background rather than bringing up the program. I was wondering if there was a copy of the email.dll available to download and whether it would be possible to add it to the basic4ppc library.

Thanks again

bluesxx

In the reference for the outlook library it says that it replaces the email library, I presumed it was email.dll

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't remember such library.
Very strange!
The EmailDesktop.dll and EmailDevice.dll were provided with Basis4ppc until version 4.x and replaced by the outlook.dll since version 5.x.

If someone looks inside it he will see the following Text: Copyright © Uziel 2007 :)

specci48