Android Question Emulator

ggkuwait

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just installed on my new laptop and downloaded the android sdk 19. When I compile the b4a program it takes a very long time even for small programs and the emulator stays on the android lock screen and never changes. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Gus

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wasted some time with that AVD emulator yesterday as I couldn't get the others to work since they rely on OpenGL2 which my card supports but no decent driver exists for the Win8.1 I have here.

In my case the emulator configured with Intel Atom is in a loop and didn't get past the Android Boot logo.

When swithing it to ARM it booted after a few minutes and I am able to compile to it aswell.
The application install/start takes a bit longer than my slow phone but then I can test different resolution behaviours.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Andy: I enabled virtualizing in the bios and installed (and ran the setup) that haxm thing. It's still stuck at the bootscreen tho.

@Ern: it installs but won't run the virtual machine due to the previous mentioned OpenGL2 issue

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wow, seems that enabling virtualization solved the genymotion issue :)

seems to work more smooth but I can't compile to it, it gives this error:

Installing file to device. Error
failed to copy 'test.apk' to '/data/local/tmp/test.apk': No such file or directory

Restarting ADB Server may solve this problem.
Tools - Restart ADB Server. Device serial: emulator-5554

Upvote 0

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have to install the intel image for the emulator and the "Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM)" in the extras section of the Android SDK manager
Once installed, run the "IntelHaxm.exe" app in the folder "C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130522\sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager" your folder will probably be different but you can find your android sdk path int he paths section of the B4A tools menu

Upvote 0

ggkuwait

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have to install the intel image for the emulator and the "Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM)" in the extras section of the Android SDK manager
Once installed, run the "IntelHaxm.exe" app in the folder "C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130522\sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager" your folder will probably be different but you can find your android sdk path int he paths section of the B4A tools menu

Upvote 0

ggkuwait

Licensed User
Longtime User
Once agin you have all been brilliant so thank you very much. Will have a fun weekend trying all the above out and seeing which one works.
Thanks.

Upvote 0