Emulator's keypad and b4a input type for edittext

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I should be receiving a tablet I ordered in a couple of days so I can actually work on a real device but until then, I just don't understand what's going on with the emulator's keypad. e.g. if I set the input type in an edittext box for decimal numbers, there's no decimal on the pad. The variations from the 'oriental' character keys show a decimal but it leaves a space between it and the number, making it useless, same with a comma. If I set the input type for text, it also restricts the proper use of a decimal or comma. However, the asterisk and # sign are usable. I am still looking for the 'dash'. On the right side of the emulator is a gray keypad that works pretty much like the one on my keyboard so I have used it and set the input type to None. I sent a portion of my app to someone with an android phone and he reported that no keypad came up to enter data so that answered my question about using "None" as an input type. Can anyone offer a quick lesson on using the emulator's keypad? I have now designed and coded 22 out of 30 routines for my application using an input type of None but now must go back and change that for my many edittext boxes. Incidentally, will the android tablet work the same as an android phone? Thanks, guys, for any advice.

Jim Schuchert

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. That's probably good advice. I also want to pick up a "no-contract" phone for testing but wary of those on ebay (not cheap).

Upvote 0

Cynikal

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can probably pick one up relatively cheap from used cell phone sites, or from ebay.

However, if you do use eBay, pay with paypal so you have the option to get your money back if its broke.

You just have to prove you sent it back (provide shipping tracking) to ebay and they'll refund you.

But read their feedback.

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. I have a paypal account and use it whenever I purchase online (except Amazon). I'll continue to look.

Jim

Upvote 0