@Erel - 9Patch tutorial issue

Aysic4Bandroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
erel - When i run your 9patch image example here:
http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-getting-started-tutorials/14283-nine-patch-images-tutorial.html#post80908

rotating my device always opens the soft keyboard even though there are no inputs in the example app. this behavior only happens with this example on my devices. When the keyboard does open it blanks out content on the screen (half of label3 is wiped).

Also i tried to extend the example by using the designer script to dynamically change the width of the labels at different orientations. Whilst the changes made in the abstract designer work ok the specific 'width' changes made in the designer script tab don't work on views using 9patch image backgrounds. Is this normal behavior??

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The demo mistakenly includes these two lines in the manifest editor (left from a different example):
B4X:
AddPermission(android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE)
SetActivityAttribute(main, android:windowSoftInputMode, "stateVisible|adjustResize")
You should remove them.

There shouldn't be a problem changing the labels size with the designer script. If you like you can upload your project.

Upvote 0

Aysic4Bandroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes! thats sorted it - as for changing label sizes, i think i was trying to do something the script designer wasnt made for: i can change a labels dimesions dynamically in the code.

No Probs,
cheers Erel

Upvote 0