Error loading external library?

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,
I'm very new to Basic4PPC, so please excuse me if I sound dumb - but at least I have searched the forum (in vain) for an answer to my question:

I tried the example programs with external libraries, e.g. the email example or the outlook example. I copied the desktop libraries to the Libraries subfolder on my PC, added the libs with "Tools - Components", and the source program compiles okay.
I put the compiled executable plus the PPC library onto my device, open the excutable and get an "Error loading external library".

Am I missing something here? Do I have to make the library known on my device?

I use an XDA Orbit (equals HTC...) with Windows Mobile 5.

Thanks,
Frank

added 1 hour later: Well, I got at least the Outlook library working by copying the DLL to the directory where basic4ppx.exe resides on the PPC...

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All external files(libs) must be in the same folder as the exe, ecept if it is possible to target them in the code (image files, txt, etc...)

Outlook lib uses .net cf 2.0 so an adicional file must be copied to the apps folder....its a configuration file that tell the program to work with cf2.0( you also need to be sure you have this installed in the ppc)...

Look at this thread and you will find your answer.....

Frank

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the tip...

... somehow I got it working - not with all libraries, but with the ones I'm using right now.
I might come back with this question if I encounter further problems...

Thanks,
Frank