Error loading source code

Roadrunner

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

after my update to 6.01 I've done some changes on one of my sources.
Now I can't open this source any more - still get the message "Error loading file. Input string was not in a correct format."

As I've seen in a text editor the source is still saved under 6.01.

Do you have any idea to get this source working again?

Roadrunner

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I only have done a look inside to see on which version the source was saved.
I've done no changes or something. Read only.

Roadrunner

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another problem now...

If I like to add a image on form1 and I save the changed form, I got the message: "StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex".
This now occurs on every change I do at form1.
Now I'm unable to open the form editor or compile the project...

Last edited:

Offbeatmammal

Licensed User
FWIW I'm seeing similar issues with 6.30
Selecting multiple controls on a page and using Tools | Duplicate Control causes an error (duplicating the label name so the form won't reload in the designer)
I've also noticed seemingly at random everything is fine but then I can't can back into the designer with various different error messages blocking it (and most of the object/control tree disappearing as I guess it fails to parse the form)
Not sure if it could be Vista SP1 related?

If I then open the source in notepad and check for the following things I can usually fix it
- raddmenu instead of admenu
- baddform instead of addform
- multiple "end sub" at the end of the designer section (remove all but one)
- search for (and rename) duplicate label, textbox etc

Would be nice if it didn't do it in the first place though ;)

Offbeatmammal

Licensed User
These kinds of errors happen when you manually edit the source code, which is not recommended.

Sadly they are actually happening in the editor which is why I end up having to quite that, edit the source manually and restart in order to get around the problem.

Is there anything in the source that isn't a standard text file that can be edited in Notepad (or on a device in TotalCommander or similar?)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User