Errors upgrading SQL lib

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by lairdre, Jul 15, 2009.

1. lairdre

lairdre Member Licensed User

I am getting the following error after upgrading my SQL Lib. I have obviously missed something.

Connection.New1
    Could not load file or assembly "System.Date.SQLlite, Version=1.0.40.0 Culture=neutral, Publikey The system connot find the file specified.

I assume it has to do with the native assembly, but what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Ron

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

It this on the desktop or on the device?
    See this page about the files required when deploying SQL: Basic4ppc SQL library reference (the compiler should copy the files to the folder automatically).

3. lairdre

SQL error

This is happening on the desktop. My first compile actually. Just testing database create at this time.

I don't keep my source in the same directory tree as B4PPC executibles, could I have a search path issue?

Ron

4. lairdre

SQL error

This is odd. If I compile my code and run it I am fine If I try to execute it from the IDE I get the missing assembly errors.

I must have something in the wrong directory?

Ron

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Please go to Basic4ppc folder (by default: c:\Program Files\Anywhere Softawre\Basic4ppc Desktop).
    Check the size of System.Data.SQLite.dll which is located in this folder. It should be 820kb. Its date should be 3/24/2009.

6. BjornF

BjornF Active Member Licensed User

I had the same problem, I think it is because the program expects the old System.Date.SQLlite Version=1.0.40.0
    but the new one is Version=1.0.60.0

Although I don't understand why it isn't backwards compatible?

all the best,

Björn

7. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

.NET enforces strict version control for programs or libraries that have a Strong Name, that is those that are protected by a Public Key. The SQLite libraries do have strong names so the SQLDevice and SQLDesktop libraries will only run with the specific version of SQLite thay are compiled against and not earlier or later versions.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice