B4R Question ESP32 Bluetooth

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I am in the initial stages of planning a project based on the ESP32, as part of the requirement, I would need to communicate with a mobile phone (android/iPhone) via bluetooth/BLE.
I was unable to find any reference to this.

Can someone please point me to a sample code/project.

Thanks
iCAB

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know the internal BT is still under development. You can use an external adapter.
Thanks for the reply, but that defeats the purpose of using such a beautiful chip.
I think this should be high priority as it is one of the most important features of the ESP32, especially when we are using B4X tools ( the ESP-32 does complete the loop nicely) . I am surprised no one asked for it yet

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Writing a wrapper to libraries is simple if you know C or C++.
Honestly I never tried to write a wrapper or use B4R... I didn't even install B4R yet. I am still in the process of doing my initial homework to decide if I should use the Arduino tools or B4R.
With Regards to "C", I have done that for many years, so I don't think I will have any issues with "C".
Perhaps the combination would be the best.

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Support for ESP32 Bluetooth is still planned. I'm not sure when will it be ready.
Hi Erel,
Thanks for your reply.
Can you give me a rough time frame please?
This will make a huge difference for our plans, as it does make the integration with our app so much simpler and more predictable.

Upvote 0

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
To implement a third party adapter only requires serial port code. Nothing special beyond that.

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
How is it even possible for one guy to do all of this?
At a certain point I had my doubts to the point that I thought "Erel" is being used for the team behind the B4X suite :)

Amazing!!!!

Upvote 0