EuroSong2018

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No one told me about the event otherwise I could have tried.. ..

unfair...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, for the last 20 years, it all comes down to one word...
Politics... not music!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, for the last 20 years, it all comes down to one word...
Politics... not music!

But the audience decide and not the jury.
So how do you see here a political reason?
Btw israel is really not a favorite of the political world so that is not the reason.

I think the reason netta won is a lot of teens identify them self with her. And se brpught something different something new to the stage. Look how many views her clip has against other competitors.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Forgot to congratulate Erel and Israel with the trophy.
Congratulations folks!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But the audience decide and not the jury.
So how do you see here a political reason?
Btw israel is really not a favorite of the political world so that is not the reason.

I think the reason netta won is a lot of teens identify them self with her. And se brpught something different something new to the stage. Look how many views her clip has against other competitors.
Did you vote?
The votes are made either by sms or by calling... a simple app can do that, plus they are "counted" by a computer program...
I'm not saying that the voting was rigged, but, taking the latest developments in international politics towards Israel, for me it' no surprise.
Remember when the former Yugoslavia was separated and Bosnia first entered the contest... a slap in the back is always appreciated no matter where it comes from or in what shape.
Even the Portuguese song that won last year, although it had a beautiful poem, it was not a winner song.
IMHO, the last great eurosong winners were ABBA and Johnny Logan.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
not to mention that all these balkan/eastern europe countries all vote on their neighbours to keep them in the race even when the 'song' sucks.

and indeed, who can remember the winners of the last 10 years? not anymore stayers like the ones @Cableguy mentioned.

also... I still don't have a clue what Israel and last year Australia are doing in this "euro" contest :) they are not even attached to any other contending country.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like the song of the israeli singer, may be not that much, my wife did and quite a lot.

If i could vote my vote will be indeed biased towards Norway as i really like rybak and his violin, despite better performances from others singers.

Beyond that, for me personally Israel has one of the best bands ever! Infected Mushroom! unfortunately they will never participate in any place, fire alarms would be very active.