Exceptions encountered

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

Dbasic .exe on the desktop has just thrown these two unhandled exceptions. The second occurred imediately after continuing from the first. This has happened sporadically with Dbasic.exe ever since I started using it. It seems to be associated with commandbar.dll.

This is unusual as I haven't had exceptions from any other application (except those caused by my own fault developing VB.NET code under VS 2005) since I installed Vista on this machine back in January.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Exceptions.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 225

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The system is an Intel D865PERL motherboard (i.e. made by Intel themselves, not just taking an Intel CPU) with an Intel 3.4Ghz Northwood Hyperthreading processor and 2.5Gb of RAM. Display card is an ATI Radeon 9600 with the latest Vista drivers. This sytem has been rock-stable for about two years under XP and for about another six months under Vista. I am using the Vista "Aero" colour scheme.

I don't think that the error can mean "out of system memory" as I have a processor and memory use utility permanently showing on my Vista Sidebar and that never moves from 34% RAM in use. Also all the other apps around still run and the system doesn't start paging when these exceptions are thrown. Usually Dbasic runs on OK when I continue from the exception with no visible disturbance or after-effect on the screen. I posted the first set of exceptions because the second exception was fatal in that instance.

Like I said before I don't get these from any other app but have been getting them occasionally with Dbasic.exe ever since I started using it. The error always seems associated with a system graphic call by Commandbar.dll.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've uploaded an updated version of the CommandBar dll, can you please download both files from here:
www.b4x.com/files/DBasic.zip
and replace the existing files (Dbasic.exe and CommandBar.dll under Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop).
This is the trial version so it won't be able to compile.
Please check if it works properly on your machine.
Thanks,
Erel

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

I've got the files and will use them in future and will post if I find a problem, I don't understand your "This is the trial version so it won't be able to compile" as it seems to compile fine (at least for the desktop, I haven't tried for the device)

I asume from your impressively fast response that you may have identified a prooblem - let's hope so!

Best regards

Andy Graham

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I deleted my temorary installation of the new files and started from scratch again this morning. You're right of course, the compile options are greyed out in the later version. I must have suffered finger trouble when I set it up last night - it was getting late!

While I was composing this I just ran the new version and got the enclosed exception4 when I clicked on an item in the help menu. When I continued I immediately got another - and another - and another. Stupidly I didn't note any of them as I just reflexively clicked past them until Dbasic seemed to run OK again. So I tried again, again choosing things from the help menu, and got the exception set numbered 5 - there were 13 in all but I gave up capturing them after the tenth as they were all the same and I didn't know how many more were to come. So I tried again, but all seems well again so far.

You've made something different! Previously I only used to get a single exception at a time.

dzt

Licensed User
I have occasionally some exceptions, I think mostly when Visual Studio 2005 is open too or when I right click in file... Anyway I'm not sure, but never while clicking menu items, even help menu items.

But I didn't save any debug info, because isn't a big problem.
In every editor I use, I'm pressing every 1 second CTRL-S and DBasic starts again extremely fast!

Last edited:

sirnono

Clipboard error message when launching B4PPC Desktop Editor

Hello !

I remember that this error message would appear in B4PPC 4.0 each time we run DBasic.exe and execute the loaded code on some pc.
But I don't remember what was the root cause. :signOops:
attachment.php

Thanks ;)

Attachments

• clipboard_err.jpg
    clipboard_err.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 278

PatrikL

Licensed User
sometimes (2x per month) i have this error on 5.00 too :confused: i need restart computer
err2.PNG

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have encoutered this error but was able to continue working with the b4ppc editor and the pc without rebooting..

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just starting the editor sometimes, other times when running a new or edited project..