Exclude Foreign Language Notifications in "New posts"

cklester

Licensed User
Is there any way for me to exclude any of the foreign language forums in the "New posts" list?

I can't speak those languages! I cannot help nor be helped there. :)

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have excluded all posts from cklester. great idea đź‘Ť

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what next? exclude ios? i can't help or be helped. exclude b4j? i use it rarely (can't help or be helped.) arduino? what is an arduino anyway? bonano? good grief! don't like a certain tv channel? kill it. only broadcast what i want to watch. how did we survive the last 10 years without you?

cklester

Licensed User
what next? exclude ios? i can't help or be helped. exclude b4j? i use it rarely (can't help or be helped.) arduino? what is an arduino anyway? bonano?

If the user so prefers, why not? It would be easy to implement.

good grief! don't like a certain tv channel? kill it. only broadcast what i want to watch.

I'm not requesting them to only broadcast what I want. I just want to filter what I see in my personal list.

how did we survive the last 10 years without you?

Hmmm. I'm not sure why you are so angry. What did I say that triggered you? I would love to address it and make sure nobody's feelings are hurt, as that was never my intention.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be easy to implement
Just a note: I took a look at this a while back(*), and there are no available plugins for this functionality. Considering XenForo is popular, it will probably show up at some point, at which we might get access to it here also.

(*) It was probably a year ago or so, things might have changed since then. I haven't researched recently.

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
simple solution activate google translator

1601925680514.png

:D:D:D:D:D

cklester

Licensed User
It might be possible with Xenforo 2.2 (not 100% sure) which was released a few days ago. It will take some time until the forum is upgraded as it is a large update and breaks all kinds of existing modifications.

It's definitely NOT a priority in the whole scheme of things... just a nice quality-of-life request if it's ever possible. :)