iOS Question Excluding Iphone4 series

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by tufanv, Jun 28, 2015.

Similar threads

B4i Tutorial ATS - App Transport Security
B4i Tutorial Compile As Library
B4i Tutorial Files and Folders
B4i Code Snippet Resize all views to any screen size...
B4i Tutorial Firebase Integration
  1. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hello,

On some websites I saw that there are some tricks to exlude iphone4 series from the appsotre for my app ( they say use only arm7v or 64 ) . I cant customize my app to run on iphone 4 , it is too slow and have small screen . So what can i do for this ?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Currently Apple doesn't allow you to submit apps that only target 64 bit devices. They will allow it in the future.

3. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hm. But it is impossible for the app to run on iphone4 also i dont have iphone4 anymore to test. So will i have to wait for the near future or anything to do ?

4. Erel

Don't wait for it. Do your best to make the layout compatible (test it with the UI Cloud).

tufanv likes this.
  5. MikeH

MikeH Well-Known Member Licensed User

Erel, the UI Cloud isnt working for me and I dont have an iPhone4 to test, which means I am coding "blind" for that device. I'm already getting reports of problems with my apps on iPhone4 so I would like to exclude that device, at least for now. Is it possible yet?

6. Erel

You can use the abstract designer to test your layout on iPhone 4.

[​IMG]

Setting the #MinVersion to 9 will limit your app to iPhone 4s. Setting it to 10 will limit it to iPhone 5+ however it is probably too soon for such limit.

I don't think that there is any other accepted way to exclude iPhone 4.

MikeH likes this.
  7. MikeH

MikeH Well-Known Member Licensed User

Thank you. I hadn't thought of the abstract designer menu!

I would prefer to include iPhone4, it was only because I couldn't test it or even see how it looked on that device that I asked.