Android Question Exoplayer visible not working?

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Playing with exoplayer it seems that neither in the designer or code you can't disable the visible function?
Bug? And if so will it be fixed in the future?

And does someone knows if there is some way to auto start the movie? (ï'm using a mp4 video from a private server). Always you need to click in the play icon to start the video.

Last question. Tried the exoplayer serveral times. Sometimes it stops middle of the video. But the buffer is filled. When you click a bit around it goes on. Dont think it is related to the server, as Webview hasnt this problem.

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Screen Shot 11-17-20 at 03.14 PM.PNG

Bit strange. If i play 1 video, the SimpleExoPlayerView1.Visible = False works. But when the app starts, even with SimpleExoPlayerView1.Visible = False in activity_create, the view stays. SimpleExoPlayerView1.Visible = False setting in designer. Still the window is there
Question 2) i found already
you need to insert :
B4X:
    player1.Play

Question 3) might be related to the video.

Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
found it.
You need minimum these lines in activity_start
B4X:
    player1.Initialize("player")
    SimpleExoPlayerView1.Player = player1
    SimpleExoPlayerView1.Visible=False

Upvote 0

MbedAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
after some playing the best way to solve this issue is indeed with a panel. As without a panel i see -for a short moment -still the exoplayer view.....
Users dont like such things. So with a panel the view is only there when needed...

Upvote 0