Expanded Procedure Combobox in IDE

mddmx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Love this environment! I do find it harder and harder to navigate through my code.

Wish #1

The Combobox at the top of the IDE could be wider to accomodate more verbose procedure names

Wish #2

A popup window that appears on a key F4 to display a procedure list in alphabetic order. Click on a procedure to go to that location in code.

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, however some scrollbars would be nice

I had thought the same thing...unfortunately the list isn't just one control. Each line is actually a window/form with a class of WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a. Never really seen or used them before. They look odd not having a border and are actually 714 pixels wide which extends beyond the dialog, but somehow draws with the white just in the middle (unless the white is another control they are drawn on top of).

The best normal control for this would have been a listview or at the very least a listbox, but a listview would be able to select by char typed better and have columns for other data. Usually the listview will select the closest item matching the chars typed as you type them while it has focus, but the current dialog will select items containing text you type too. It could be argued that that is better, but since the current dialog isn't a standard control with things built in like scrollbars and such it has less capabilities. Since it isn't a standard control it also doesn't have built in search capabilities, so one would have had to make their own routines that really could have been added to a standard control too for the best of both worlds. Erel is the developer though and if I recall it is in .Net which isn't as easy to do low level and api things with standard controls.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Each line is actually a window/form with a class of WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a.
They are instances of ActiproSoftware.MarkupLabel.MarkupLabels which are labels that as they say in their docs "Represents a label that is capable of formatting simple HTML tags." You can see them also in the F7 "References of:" dialog.