Expense Tracker

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have written an Expense tracker program.
You have probably been on vacation trips and after a few days you were estonished where all the money has gone and figure if you have not lost some.
The program allows to track the expenses, it is configurable. There is a small user's guide included, it's small to keep the size in one zip file. It is multilanguage, for spanish, italian and portuguese the translations don't exist yet, if there is somebody who could translate, it would be great.

There will surely still be some bugs in the program, any improvement suggestion and bug report will be apreciated.

Klaus
Switzerland

Update to V1.20 2007.12.24
The .zip file has been udated to version 1.20 including the fixed errors reported by Filippo and Alfcen

Update to V1.30 2007.12.26

Update to V1.50 2008.03.22
Changes:
- add of portuguese texts, thanks to testerbeta2000 from Brazil
- all the images have been embedded in one file
- the table header texts will be updated when the language is changed, but only after the next start of the program.

Update to V1.51 2008.03.22
- updated Japanese texts thank's to Robert (alfcen)

Attachments

• ExpenseZip_1_51.zip
    477 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Gruetzi Klaus
Brilliant design, both code and UI. Amazing how many controls you squeeze onto a single Form without loosing control :)
Congrats
Robert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Robert
Schönen Dank für dein nettes Mail. Yes I know it's an english forum but these are just a few words in our common mother tongue.
In my programs I prefer 'playing' with panels and manage those with the visible property rather than with several forms. I feel that I have more freedom in dooing so, and the exit button on the form is only used to exit the whole program. There are cases where I want to keep the menu buttons of the main form visile and in others not, so in postionning the panels in the right way, I can hide these buttons or not. This is my vision of user interfaces.

Best regards
Klaus Switzerland

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,
Mein Deutsch habe ich nach 11 Jahren in Japan so gut wie vergessen :)
Your vision of design is not only elegant, but also saves memory resources
and numerous lines of source code by using panels to hide controls for
logical, thus error-free program navigation.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your designs, but all in your own good time.

All the very best from the Wild East.

Oh yes... und Frohe Weihnachten! Wie die Zeit vergeht...

Robert

D

Deleted member 103

Hallo Klaus,

My first compliment to your program.
I have written the Italian translation (I hope it's all right).
An error, I have also found as follows:

PHP:
Sub rbtItalian_Click
   Language_I=4
   LoadLanguageText
   UpdateLanguage
End Sub

Sub rbtPortuguese_Click
   Language_I=5
   LoadLanguageText
   UpdateLanguage
End Sub

Ich hoffe du hast mein Englisch verstanden, ich habe es einfach mit Google übersetzt.

Ciao,
Filippo

Attachments

• ExpenseI.txt
    1,020 bytes · Views: 260

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,

A minor typo in line 2237

wrong:
Rep=Msgbox(Txt,Text(1), cMsgBoxQuestion&cMsgBoxOK)
correct:
Rep=Msgbox(Txt,Text(1), cMsgBoxQuestion,cMsgBoxOK)

I doubt, you are interested in a Japanese version :rolleyes:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Buon giurno Filippo Hi Roberto

Grazie mille Filippo per la tue contributo.
So my italian is very limited. Dont' worry about understanding your english, no problem, I would be pleased if my italian were as good as your english.
I have fixed the error you reported and added the italian text file in the .zip file.
I didn't think about to let translate the text files by an automatic translator. I was allays sceptic about this kind of tranlators. You do nead at least a person who knows the other language to 'fine tune' the translation. Some years ago I bougt one to translate from french to english, I translated a technical text, unusable. It needed a lot of imagination to unerstand the result. But after your experience I will try it.

Hi Robert
Thank you for your bug report. I had allready discoverd it with the new 5.91 beta version compiler which didn't like it, the 5.8 compiler did not care about. This bug was an old VB habit.
I would be pleased if you would write the japanese text file. The progam has been modified to check for a japanese text file.
Some days ago I had a look at your web site. Congratulations, I really like the design, it's very clear easy to navigate nice color choices.
If there is any interest for you or others, you can add the Expense Tracker to your programs.
You wrote me that you have allmost forgotten your mother tongue after 11 years. I have been living in the french speaking part of Switzerland for 50 years now and can tell you that the same happend to me.

I have updated the zip file in my first post in this tread.

Allora ancora mille grazie and thank you.
Have a Merry Christmas, Buona Natale, Schöne Weihnachten et Joyeux Noël

Klaus
Switzerland

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,

The Japanese translation into is attached. I have tested it here and it looks
fine, however, as for other languages, not all items are translated.
For instance,

1. The utmost right toolbar always shows "?, Setup, Ueber"
2. Line 906 "Trip files" is not translated in either language

Please also make sure to add Yen as currency :)

Further modifications:
1. Source code
1.a. line 632: dec 2007 to Dec 2007,
1.b. line 1007: Case 6 LFile=AppPath&"\ExpenseJ.txt" added

2. ExpensesE.txt
2.a. allways to always
2.b. allready to already

That's all for now.

Happy Holidays!
Robert

Attachments

• exp.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 264

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Robert and Filippo
The modifications you mentioned are done.
I tried to use the japanese file, but nothing is displayed on the derktop, neither on the device and in the notepad. I am afraid that we need the japanese character set file, which is not by default on my computer and probably not on others too.
Do you have this file so we can add it ?
I have also made some minor modifications in the program, and by the way added 3 new text lines.
Could you please add those in the japanese and italian file, the 3 lines are at the end of the first bloc.
I will update the zip file of the whole programm (version 1.30) when I have the new files.
I added the Yen currency in the default config file, but anybody can add (not remove) other currencies at any time in the config panel.
The ? mark in the setup menu is intended for a future help file that has not yet been implemented.

Thank you very much for your contribution as betatesters and translators. It's really a pleasure to share a passion with enthusiastic people like you and others on this forum.

Best regards and a Happy New Year
Klaus
Switzerland

Attachments

• Expense_txt.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 265
D

Deleted member 103

Hallo klaus,

Attached my Italian translation. Why do you not use the Listview.dll stat the table-Control?

(anbei meine Italienische Übersetzung. Warum verwendest du nicht die Listview.dll stat die Table-Control ?)

Ciao,
Filippo

Attachments

• ExpenseI.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 253

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Filippo
Thank you for your quick answer.
I don't have the ListView.dll and of course never used it.
I will look for and try it. You will hear from me about it.

I have tried your proposal to translate with Google.
I translated the ExpenseE.txt file from english to italian and then back from italian to english ExpenseE1.txt. I have joined the two files. The result needs some fine tuning, but it's not that bad.

Best regards
Klaus

D

Deleted member 103

Hi Klaus,

I think you have misunderstood me, I have not suggested you your text with Google to translate but I use Google to English writing.

Ich kann nur Deutsch und Italienisch.:)

Ciao,
Filippo

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus,

I have added the new message in Japanese and also made some modifications
to the English and German version (recommendation only).

Right, without Japanese Font Support installed you won't see the Japanese
characters. For the desktop, please try and download Japanese Font Support
from Microsoft's web site. For the device, please send me a private message
with your email. Some programs in your device may pick added fonts in
\Windows\Fonts as standard fonts rendering the look rather exotic :)

Ciao Filippo,
da nur wir drei in dem Expense Tracker involviert sind, koennten wir diesen thread ins deutsche Forum verlegen, wenn alle einverstanden sind.

Cheers
Robert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's done.
This thread continues on the German forum.
http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421

I have updated the first post of this thread with the last version 1.30.

If there is any interest I can update the program also in this forum.

Best regards and a Happy New Year
Klaus
Switzerland

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A new version V1.50 of the program is available in the original post.

- add of portuguese texts
- all the images have been embedded in one file
- the table header texts will be updated when the language is changed, but only after the next start of the program.

Best regards