B4A Library External Displays

Android has had official support for external displays since version 4.2.
Prior to version 4.2 some devices had hardware that was capable of outputting a display signal to an external display but control of this output was implemented by the device manufacturer.
Generally the external display would mirror the device's primary display and that was it.

There was no standard API to control external displays until android version 4.2.
Android version 4.2 introduced the Presentation class.
A Presentation is a container for displaying a user interface on an external display.

An external display could now be configured to display any custom user interface - as well as still being able to simply mirror the device's primary display.

An external display is a display that is temporarily connected to a device.
Examples are:
  • TV or projector connected to device using an HDMI cable or MHL adapter.
  • TV or projector connected to device using the Miracast wireless protocol.
    This includes a Samsung device using Samsung's AllShare Cast technology - AllShare Cast is Samsung's proprietary implementation of the Miracast protocol.
  • TV or projector connected to device using a SlimPort cable.

Whereas a primary display is a display that the device normally uses for output.
A TV or projector connected to an android TV stick or OUYA device is still a primary display and not an external display as it is the display that the device normally uses for output.

A Chromecast device is not presently classified as an external display.
A Chromecast device is a media streaming device that can be told to playback a media resource - it will retrieve and display that media resource.
The Chromecast can be told to display a media resource by various methods: an android or iOS application or the desktop Chrome browser can tell a Chromecast device what media resource to display.
But the Chromecast is not currently an external display - i say currently as there is the possibility that Google will update the Chromecast firmware so that it behaves as an external display - but that is just a possibility and may or (more likely) may not happen.

But in this thread i'll publish my attempts to wrap the parts of the android API that allow control over both external displays and Chromecast devices.

If you do not have a device which you can connect to an external display then you are not out of luck - as long as your device is running android 4.2 or later.
In your device's Developer Options under the Drawing category you should find an option to Simulate secondary displays.
Give that option a click and you'll be presented with a list of available emulated secondary displays.
Select an option from that list and a small window will be overlaid on the device display - that small window is a software emulated external display and can be used as an alternative to a real external display.
You can tap and drag the window around the screen so as to not obscure a part of the device's main screen that you need to interact with.

I'll keep this thread tidy by attaching all library files to this first post.

Martin.

Attachments

• CWAC-Presentation_library_files_v0.30.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 740
  • ExternalDisplays-20140422.zip
    148.4 KB · Views: 870

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting error at compilation.

HTML:
javac 1.7.0_45
gen\android-support-v7-appcompat\R.java:8: error: ';' expected
package android-support-v7-appcompat;
              ^
1 error

I have referenced respected jars as below:

In original code, final directory is given as \res hence kept the same. For debuggfing i also changed it to \libs where actual jar files are located. But that also gives error.

B4X:
'#AdditionalRes: C:\Users\martin\Programming\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat

#AdditionalRes: C:\android-sdk\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android-support-v7-appcompat
'#AdditionalRes: C:\Users\martin\Programming\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\mediarouter\res, android.support.v7.mediarouter

#AdditionalRes: C:\android-sdk\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\mediarouter\res, android-support-v7-mediarouter

Last edited:

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure what's gone wrong there.
Have you tried cleaning your project - Tools menu > Clean Project.

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I will do that and and try again. But I haven't changed anything in the code other than the path.

But in the code is /res supposed to bte the path or should it be /libs where the actual jar file is?

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The AdditionalRes attribute must define the path to the android resource files used by the libraries, not the .jar files.
Look at the attached screenshot, it shows the path to the android resource files for the appcompat library on my computer.
The various folders such as drawable and layout contain android resource files.

Martin.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 020914 - 07:23:46.png
    Screenshot - 020914 - 07:23:46.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 236

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Martin, I did below:
Action : Clean project
Result : still gives same error.

Action : Referenced "C:\android-sdk\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res" as in your project.
Result : Still giving error.
Supportings :
1.1 : Screenshot of my referenced folder
1.2 : Screenshot of my B4a config path screen.
Additional Details:
B4a version

Mine is : 3.80

Java versionMine is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin\javac.exe

Android sdk version / support files?
Mine is : C:\android-sdk\sdk\platforms\android-19\android.jar

Error received:
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.7.0_45
gen\android-support-v7-appcompat\R.java:8: error: ';' expected
package android-support-v7-appcompat;

Is there something that I am missing? Please help.

Attachments

• FolderScreenShot.png
    FolderScreenShot.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 206
  • BuildPathScreenShot.png
    BuildPathScreenShot.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 213

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you fixed this yet?
Looks like the problem is in the packagename passed to the AdditionalRes attribute.

In post #101 you posted:

B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\android-sdk\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android-support-v7-appcompat

That should be:

B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\android-sdk\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat

The packagename seems to have had it's dots replaced by hyphens, same applies to the other AdditionalRes lines you posted.

Martin.

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I checked with it and it proceeded ahead. (Yes that was a silly mistake of copying file names from my directories and not just replacing the path in your code.)

But now it gives error on

MediaRouteButton1.SetRouteSelctor (MediaRouteSelector1)
in activity.create.

With message

src\uk\co\martinpearman\b4a\externaldisplaydemo\main.java:307 error: package.android.support.v7.media does not exist.

I thought my commonsware folder has space in path so changed the path. But still same error. I also checked if those files exist in android respective folders. But those jars have hyphen (-) in their names. Should I change it with dot (.)

(Pls bare with my java knowledge. Haven't ever worked on Java.... Unless if it's some silly mistake I'm doing again..)

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I checked with it and it proceeded ahead. (Yes that was a silly mistake of copying file names from my directories and not just replacing the path in your code.)

But now it gives error on

MediaRouteButton1.SetRouteSelctor (MediaRouteSelector1)
in activity.create.

With message

src\uk\co\martinpearman\b4a\externaldisplaydemo\main.java:307 error: package.android.support.v7.media does not exist.

I thought my commonsware folder has space in path so changed the path. But still same error. I also checked if those files exist in android respective folders. But those jars have hyphen (-) in their names. Should I change it with dot (.)

Also should I copy androi....v7.jar to b4a libraries foler? Because andr...v4.jar is already there?

(Pls bare with my java knowledge. Haven't ever worked on Java.... Unless if it's some silly mistake I'm doing again..)

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Uploaded.

One more point, I have referenced two libraries (core and external displays). do I need to reference any more?

Attachments

• ExternapDisplayDebugging.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 250

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd guess that your b4a additional libraries folder does not contain a required file.
Probably one of these:
  • android-support-v7-appcompat.jar
  • android-support-v7-mediarouter.jar

Martin.

[edit]
You only need Core and ExternalDisplay libraries.
[/edit]

Last edited:

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested the App, it runs but the media control is stuck. Anyway, will debug and find out the reason.

Thanks Martin for your help.

bparent

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested the App, it runs but the media control is stuck. Anyway, will debug and find out the reason.

Thanks Martin for your help.

Did you ever get this working? I can compile and when run on my S4 I get an error that resource is a not drawable. When I say to continue the Play-Pause-Stop buttons show, but are grayed out. Also, Cast does not show. Any ideas?

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Incidentally, I'm also having the same issue. I was working on another application for my daughter, didn't put time to work more. However, for the same application, tried working with diff phones Note2, Note3, S4 but didn't work.
Now that my app is ready (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paragkini.ctl.education.spellbee&hl=en) and need to build that functionality to show a word on external display, will start work from this weekend. Will keep you informed.

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I'm missing something from the sdk. I pointed the addition res: to

B4X:
    #AdditionalRes: C:\Users\JOE\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat

#AdditionalRes: C:\Users\JOE\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\mediarouter\res, android.support.v7.mediarouter

And it fails to compile...

B4X:
C:\Users\JOE\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:75: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton'.
C:\Users\JOE\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:79: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.CloseMode'.

Plenty of errors...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.
When i compile ExternalDisplaysDemo i have this message error:
B4X:
Parsing code.                           0.11
Compiling code.                         0.42

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code.                 0.06
Generating R file.                      Error
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:75: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:79: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.CloseMode'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:83: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionButton.Overflow'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:25: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabView'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:29: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabView'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:33: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ActionBar.TabText'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:37: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:41: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.ActionBar.TabText'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:65: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Title'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:69: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionMode.Subtitle'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:45: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Menu'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:49: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:53: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:57: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:61: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:178: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar.Horizontal'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:182: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ProgressBar'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:113: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:115: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Spinner'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:110: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.DropDownItem.Spinner'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:107: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView.DropDown'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:121: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListView'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:126: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.ListPopupWindow'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:138: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:143: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:overlapAnchor'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:129: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.PopupMenu'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:132: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Light.PopupMenu'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:146: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:150: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:154: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Large'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:158: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.PopupMenu.Small'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:164: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Title'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:168: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:TextAppearance.Material.SearchResult.Subtitle'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:172: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.AutoCompleteTextView'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:174: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.AutoCompleteTextView'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:93: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Toolbar.Button.Navigation'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:97: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Title'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base.xml:101: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.ActionBar.Subtitle'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:62: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:20: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:22: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display4'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:24: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display3'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:26: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display2'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:28: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Display1'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:30: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Headline'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:32: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Title'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:34: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Subhead'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:36: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body2'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:38: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Body1'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:40: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Caption'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:42: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Menu'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:60: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Button'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:46: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:48: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:50: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Large.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:52: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:54: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Medium.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:56: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\styles_base_text.xml:58: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Small.Inverse'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:26: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:31: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material.Light'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:36: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material.Dialog'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:41: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Theme.Material.Light.Dialog'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v11\themes_base.xml:338: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v14\themes_base.xml:29: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v11\themes_base.xml:345: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v14\themes_base.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v11\themes_base.xml:352: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v14\themes_base.xml:45: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v11\themes_base.xml:359: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v14\themes_base.xml:53: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:actionModeShareDrawable'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:202: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:ThemeOverlay.Material'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:212: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:ThemeOverlay.Material.Light'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:205: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:ThemeOverlay.Material.Dark'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:219: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:ThemeOverlay.Material.ActionBar'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:223: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:ThemeOverlay.Material.Dark.ActionBar'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:81: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:83: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:84: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:82: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:79: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:80: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:118: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:120: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:121: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:119: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:116: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:117: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:155: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:157: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:158: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:156: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:153: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:154: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:192: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorAccent'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:194: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlActivated'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:195: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlHighlight'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:193: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorControlNormal'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:190: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimary'.
C:\Android\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res\values-v21\themes_base.xml:191: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.

in configuration B4A i have this:
B4X:
C:\Android\platforms\android-19\android.jar
Any idea ?
Thank you

Last edited:

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Haven't solved it yet. But I think it has something to do with updating the android SDK. That might have wrecked it.