Android Question Facebook messenger

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am wondering if I can send a particular message to my girlfriend. I want this for my taxi app. Is this possible?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The message:
"Darling, this is to announce you we just broke up. A taxi is going to pick you up in ten minutes."

Sorry, but I couldn't resist..

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do I use firebase to do this? I'm not sure

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That doesn't show me how to send a message to Facebook

The idea was to send and receive it on your own (via your taxi app). So you send a FCM message from your app to your GF using the same app. You won't need Facebook.

If you really need to post a message on Facebook/Messenger, search for WhatsApp/Facebook & intents (communication between apps work via intents. It's like you share a photo on FB. The Gallery app sends an intent to FB and receives the pc. You can do it with the messenger, too. Search the www for the intent and follow the examples here).

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
The idea was to send and receive it on your own (via your taxi app). So you send a FCM message from your app to your GF using the same app. You won't need Facebook.

If you really need to post a message on Facebook/Messenger, search for WhatsApp/Facebook & intents (communication between apps work via intents. It's like you share a photo on FB. The Gallery app sends an intent to FB and receives the pc. You can do it with the messenger, too. Search the www for the intent and follow the examples here).
Thanks. She won't be using my app it's only for me

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there way to send Facebook messenger? Please,sir
You should NOT post to old threads. Especially on 6+ Years old threads.

You should (and already did) always create a new thread for any Issue/Question you have.

Upvote 0