Facebook mit or reality

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there Facebook the lucky princess for developpers ...I guess not !

What do you do with 1 million facebook fans that are posting just to know they are doing something and giving likes over an image that is put on front of them .

I guess metting with 2 friends over a bier is the most efective promotion !

Here is an exercise: ... release app ..then pay 50$ for posting on facebook wall over some individuals "advertisers" you could get up to 5 X 300 000 =1.5 mil facebook fans ... but what can you see over you developer console = BS

On the other hand ... advertising is more about knowing where to find people that will fit the app ...
Interest is the base of any solid advertising sistem .

Nowerdays ...facebook fans are more likely to have 15 to 35 years and there is no much interest in reading any of the posts ..but simple to fill walls without no interest what so ever .

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can only agree with your analyse. In the mean time, prospects not knowing about the way Facebook works could be impressed by so many fans.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd never try to promote my app through Facebook fan page. However, I will be so excited if my app was introduced by a page with million fans. At least, it's better than nothing.

In my country, many companies willing to pay about $1000-$2000 for a status/picture of a celebrity with their products. And I can say it worked fine.

If you paid just $20-$50 for a page with 100.000-200.000 fans and you receive no download, it means their fans are fake/not real.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I utilize most of the major social networks - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler, and Google+.
I was using Reddit but I do not really understand the purpose of it. My account was flagged as spam so I gave up on Reddit.

I do get a lot of random followers from Twitter and Tumblr that really seem to be people pitching their website and not much more.
They are not really interested in what I have to say.

Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest seem to be the most real. I get more genuine human beings following me from these.

As for their usefulness? I am not quite sure. I have only ventured into the social networking realm withing the last six months or so.
I have seen a larger overall increase in my app downloads and revenue but I can not pinpoint it to either my increase social network presence,
revamping my website, or increase in the use of app stores other than Google Play.

Facebook charges a pretty penny to advertise. Out of curiosity I paid around $50 a few times for a short promotion on of my pages and got about 45 like in a week.
It is hard to tell what that equates to in actual downloads however.

I have paid several times with AdMob.
I do a daily budget of $3 and .03 cents per click. With my Match block app I received about 200 downloads in a week. Usually Match Block get 2 -5 max download per day.

I suppose to get maximum exposure you must utilize as many app stores as possible, take advantage of social networking, and create a custom website for your brand.
If you have the funds then a little advertising never hurts.

Just my experiences... :)

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can use the addmefast to get facebook likes, shares, google shares u can put your app link(google play likes)
to get +1 on your app xD

http://addmefast.com/

its free

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can use the addmefast to get facebook likes, shares, google shares u can put your app link(google play likes)
to get +1 on your app xD

http://addmefast.com/

its free

I went to check them out.
I tried to register but they said my email was already registered. Curious...
I've never heard of this site before...

So I logged in and decided to try the 'Add followers' option.
I have to follow somebody else and then I earn points.
What does this mean? What do I do with the points. I see that I can buy them but...

Idunno, I'm a little weary.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am on facebook for about 4 years. At the beginnig is was fun (posting pics, etc.) but now it's boring to most of the users. Problem is that if you feed a billion users with more and more, they want more and more. Some kind of inflationary trend. At some point they don't get "more", get bored and turn to something "new".

My prediction: FB will be down in 3-5 years...

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am on facebook for about 4 years. At the beginnig is was fun (posting pics, etc.) but now it's boring to most of the users. Problem is that if you feed a billion users with more and more, they want more and more. Some kind of inflationary trend. At some point they don't get "more", get bored and turn to something "new".

My prediction: FB will be down in 3-5 years...
Amen!

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am starting to understand that upon release if you do not do something quick you can stay for ever in the dark ....

After release hunt a app name ..in your country that is related to your app ...post as many installs and positive reviews (if you have 10 reviews do not post all of them on the same day and keep the app installed for at least 3 days) do promotion as much as you can ...

Now get back to the discution subject ....promotion

I found realy interesting that spending $ for advertising with ads company will be the most efective promotion for an app ...
But yet how ...because we see that posting to 1 000 000 facebook fans can bring up to you some 1-10 likes and maybe 1,2 installs
Lately I found that posting to 300 000 facebook fans made my console show up with 1,2 installs /day from Macedonia and good knows if there were from promotion or not .

What are the advantages of promoting with ads companies ?
- you can choose what country to promote your app
- you can target upon package name...if com.xxx.app is installed then show my ad !! ( This happens on startapp and may be to other countries )

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I went to check them out.
I tried to register but they said my email was already registered. Curious...
I've never heard of this site before...

So I logged in and decided to try the 'Add followers' option.
I have to follow somebody else and then I earn points.
What does this mean? What do I do with the points. I see that I can buy them but...

Idunno, I'm a little weary.

its a trade, u like another post and win points, your points u can use in your posts, links, fan pages etc..