iOS Question failed to load profile

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Hi All

Can someone comment on this please.

I am getting this error and I am not sure how to fix it
  • I logged in to Apple developers console and I do see that the profiles I am using are still active.
  • I tried compiling the project directly from XCode and it generated the following error: "linker command failed with exit code 1". (use -v to see invocation)
    so just in case I updated the libraries on the local PC and Mac as in here ("https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebase-facebook-v2-0-july-2019.107435/")

I am using
  • B4I 5.30
  • XCode V10.1
  • I also tried B4I V5.81

Thanks in advance
iCAB
 

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
The compile window returns a very long error message. I can email it to you if necessary.
Please note that I tried with a very small project as well just to make sure it is not directly related to my project

Below are the last 2 blocks.

B4X:
{NSLocalizedDescription=No provisioning profile provider found for profile "/Users/username/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/some-id-here-2".})
2019-09-26 10:55:41.046 xcodebuild[41704:7589596]  DVTProvisioningProfileManager: Failed to load profile "/Users/username/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/some-id-here"
(Error Domain=DVTProvisioningProfileSourceErrorDomain Code=0 "No provisioning profile provider found for profile "/Users/username/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/some-id-here"."
UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No provisioning profile provider found for profile "/Users/username/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/some-id-here".})
** BUILD FAILED **


The following build commands failed:
    CompileC /Users/username/Documents/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_layoutaddview.o /Users/username/Documents/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/b4i_layoutaddview.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
 

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
This is what I have done:

Laptop#2,
  • installed the latest version of B4iBuildServer
  • cleaned the project
  • restarted the mac
  • restarted the Laptop #2 (Laptop Running B4i V6.00)
  • attempted to compile the program , I got the same issue
  • Now I deployed a copy of the previous release
  • compiled no problem
  • using winmerge I imported the changes module by module and compiled step by step
  • all worked ok
  • compared the final copy of all source code files with the original that doesn't compile. All identical

Laptop #1
I repeated the above steps on the second laptop and the results are exactly the same.
I kept both folders: the working and not working and the source is 100% the same.
I can rename the non-working folder to its original name to keep all references the same. The compilation will fail
I can rename the working folder to its original name to keep all references the same. The compilation will work

It sounds as if it is related to the project file somehow
 

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
I was unable to compile with the hosted builder as the code relies on a library that I have locally on my PC.
I wasn't sure how to use the hosted builder for that.
 

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Erel, please read my post in #9
Both cases are using the same provision profiles.
One works and the other doesn't
 

iCAB

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Just thought I'll let you know that for me the problem is solved at this moment, but I have no idea why. That's why I kept both copies, just in case if you want some additional info. It would be nice to know the cause as I wasted a couple of days on it and someone else might run into the same problem.
 

Stefano Di Chiano

Active Member
Licensed User
I had the same issue after unzipping the firebase frameworks in my local mac libs folder.
I solved it when I realized that I unzipped the files as a "Firebase Framework" folder instead of directly in the libs folder.
After I moved out the files, it compiled and worked.
 
Top