B4J Question Failed to open designer

strupp01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo,
kann leider wenig Englisch, daher meine Frage in Deutsch.
Beim Öffnen des Designer erscheint die Fehlermeldung 'Failed to create JVM'
Den JavaFX Scene Builder habe ich installiert und dann den PC neu gebootet.

Wer kann helfen ?

Gruß
strupp01

SteveDevon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also having the same problem. When starting Scene Builder it stops with a message "Failed to create JVM".
This seems to be a common problem when using Eclipse and the cure there is to edit Eclipse.ini and reduce the values for -Xmx which causes Java to try and claim too much memory.
I can't find an equivalent to Eclipse.ini for Scene Builder. Is there any way to reduce the memory requirements?

Thanks,

Steve

Upvote 0

strupp01

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, I have install 'jdk-7u45-windows-i586.exe' and in Paths Configuration 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin\javac.exe'.

Upvote 0

SteveDevon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Yes, I went through the your installation instructions and installed jdk-7u45-windows-i586.exe, then javafx_scenebuilder-1_1-windows.msi before installing B4J.
I have just removed all traces of existing Java files and started from scratch with the same result.

I am running XP with SP3 and 2GB RAM. The system requirements list XP but do do give any RAM requirements. Is 2GB enough?

Steve

Upvote 0

SteveDevon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Thanks for your rapid replies. I asked the same question on the Scene Builder forum and am still waiting for a reply.

I set virtual memory to the maximum allowable, 4096MB, with no improvement. I then found a reference to the registry and came across:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\oracle\javafx\scenebuilder\/J/V/M/User/Options
The key -/Xmx was set to 999m. I changed it to 512m and Scene Builder runs.

I would have found it earlier if it wasn't for the "/" in the name.

Anyway 5 minutes later and I had Hello World running. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Steve

Upvote 0

strupp01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steve,
Thanks for your solution. How it works for me too. Now I can finally work normally.
greeting
strupp01

Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Thanks for your rapid replies. I asked the same question on the Scene Builder forum and am still waiting for a reply.

I set virtual memory to the maximum allowable, 4096MB, with no improvement. I then found a reference to the registry and came across:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\oracle\javafx\scenebuilder\/J/V/M/User/Options
The key -/Xmx was set to 999m. I changed it to 512m and Scene Builder runs.

I would have found it earlier if it wasn't for the "/" in the name.

Anyway 5 minutes later and I had Hello World running. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Steve

Thanks for this solution Steve. I had the same problem and after changing to 512m, SceneBuilder opens!

Upvote 0

konisek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
recently I got a new Xperia Z1. I can connect via B4A-Bridge (wireless) - status: connected.
However when I double click on status at the Designer window, the Xperia screen starts to roll down through all installed
applications and is looking for something (B4A designer???). The search is hopeless and I cannot see the layout on the phone screen.
Installation of any B4A app to the phone works fine. Also connection via a usb cable does.
Any clue, pls.?

Upvote 0