False Positive on AntiVirus

rjtamanio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I am a Basic4ppc user since version 4, I was creating my own apps for my pocket pc instead of buying from a third party. I am still using basic4ppc version 6.9 Desktop to create some tools on my pc, and last year I have built a utility that I use at work, I made a small utility that uses FormLib.dll, Network.dll, RegistryDesktop.dll and SQLDesktop.dll, I have completed my project but every time I copy the files on my pc\terminal at work our antivirus sees it as a trojan and deletes it. Can you help me with this please? Or do you have any update or a new version of basic4ppc? I thank you for this software, it is so easy to use and compile, up to this date I have not yet used all the available stack libraries.
I don't want to start the project from scratch in VB.Net because it took me few Months working on it :(

Thank you, and more power to you and B4X!

Kind regards

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This has been seen several times before. There is no later version of Basic4ppc and there is little you can do to prevent this apart from telling your antivirus (if it has the facility) that the app is OK. The only thing I can suggest is moving Subs around in the code to see if you can alter whatever structures the antivirus is suspicious of as this doesn't happen on every compiled app.

For what it's worth I too am still using my own version of Basic4ppc to create desktop apps and I assume it is my FormLib library you are using to run it on the desktop.

rjtamanio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi agraham,
I am terribly sorry, I thought I have seen this topic discussed about a decade ago but wasn't really sure if it was resolved, now it came back to me :) I have tried your Form library and B4P stack library but it does have the same result. Thank you for the tips I will definitely try it.

Hi Erel,
Thank you for the info, I know my query is way out of date but you and agraham still had the time to answer it and I appreciate it very much.