Android Question fastest possible speed between B4A and HS05 ble

Henrig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, What will be the fastest communication speed between B4A and an HS05 bluetooth module on Arduino Mega_mini? Thank you for your advice and experience, Henri

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
From the HC05 Specifications...

Speed: Asynchronous: 2.1Mbps(Max) / 160 kbps, Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps

As long as your Android device can match that then there's your theoretical max speed. Other factors will of course affect speed. Distance between devices, environment etc.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But how Bluetooth baud rate can be adjusted ? At any BT side, any device...

Upvote 0

Henrig

Licensed User
Longtime User
HS-05 default speed is 9600bd. But for now I can't use AT commands with my Chinese modules! .I am currently using a REDMI NOTE 11

Upvote 0

Henrig

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have four Chinese bluettooth modules but unfortunately only one HS-05 responds to my Hayes commands, this helped me a lot:
The link : but still not enough. my application controls a farm tractor: A pwm engine, Three servo motor Three pairs of HC-04 ultrasonic detectors to detect obstacles. it's not fast enough to analyze the data. To be continued

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's not fast enough to analyze the data
Indeed. My latest experiments with Classic BT and BLE give the data speed (only received stings length per time) of BLE around 250 bytes per second, Classic BT - 5 times higher, around 1 KBps. It's if to send short strings, multiline text.

If to combine texts into long strings - speed is 10-12 times higher. But anyway is just 10 KBps (for ESP32 modules).
After parsing the digit info from the encoded text - it's really slow comparing to a wired UART serial port...

upd. but ... 9600 baud if to divide to 9 (8 bits of payload + 1 for service overhead) is ... 1066 Bps.... something familiar .... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Henrig

Licensed User
Longtime User
All this works with an Arduino uno, but I'm going to switch it to a much more powerful and compact Mega-mini 2560. It's Arduino manages the components, B4A only receives the feedback. I prefer with RASPBERRY, but hard to find and too expensive. It's for fun and that's it
redmi01.jpg
trac02.jpg

Upvote 0