Fatal signal 13 (SIGPIPE)

Sonny

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings Erel,

I recently purchased a new android device and when I LogCat via BlueTooth through the B4A Bridge, I get the following error message; "Fatal signal 13 (SIGPIPE)...". I tried performing the same sequence of actions through USB and LogCat works properly. However, if I use USB with Android Debug mode disabled (via the device's settings panel), then the problem appears on USB as well.

From this sequence of events, it would appear that the B4A Bridge is failing to invoke Android debug mode on this device. I have several other Android devices; GB v2.35, GB v2.36, JB v4.12, and this problem does manifest itself on those devices. The device with the problem is running on ICS v4.04.

I'm using your latest version of Basic4Android; v2.71.

I've looked at the other threads concerning this error and see no possible cause or solution posted. I hope this helps you identify the problem - if there is one on your end.

Thanks.

>> Sonny <<

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should set release mode when you need install your app into device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sonny

Licensed User
Longtime User
What happens when you try to run an app with B4A-Bridge? Does it crash? Can you post the full error message from the logs?

- I bring up B4A Bridge.
- I connect to the Basic4Android IDE via BlueTooth.
- In the "Logs" tab in the IDE I click the "Connect" button.

And I get:

B4X:
LogCat connected To: B4A-Bridge: ZTE N9100-99000477196621
--------- beginning of /dev/Log/Main
stack corruption detected: aborted
stack corruption detected: aborted

The application deploys and runs as expected on the device. The IDE and the device show no errors. B4A Bridge does not crash.

When I repeat the same steps using the USB port - instead of B4A Bridge, I get the proper LogCat messages.

When I use the USB port - AND turn off "USB Debugging" on the device - I get the same error message that B4A Bridge produces - hence my earlier suspicion concerning Debug mode on the device.

Please advise.

>> Sonny <<

Sorry, forgot to mention:

Sigpipe error occurs when I try to troubleshoot error via ADB directly. B4A Bridge only shows the stack error.

Apologies for my lack of clarity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been ignoring them for some time and have seen no adverse effects

Upvote 0

Sonny

Licensed User
Longtime User
Agreed, about the error messages.

LogCat still doesn't work though.

I can function without LogCat, but still, it would be nice if it worked 100%.

Perhaps, in a future version of Android or Basic4Android.

Thanks anyway.

:sign0148:

Upvote 0