B4A Library FFmpeg_b4a - a FFmpeg library for b4a (decoding/streaming)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's possible to made an playlist without using
FFMpegVideoView1_Complete function ?

Thanks

victor
There is no playlist functionality in the ffmpeg-wrapper. I guess you could create a list with different streaming urls and then when the complete-event triggers, you start next video in the list. If you find another way, please share.

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
that is what a did. haven't found another way. I will try vlc.
I will share anything important.

thanks, moster67.

Victor

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But why can you not use the complete-event?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I have not used Exoplayer so I can't really tell/compare.
If you want to load a m3u-list, I think your only option is to parse the file to get the information you need.

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, everyone. I'm trying to set some rise timeout in the connection.
but I haven't found the way.

thanks,

victor

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've recently switched my programs to compile for android:targetSdkVersion="26", which will be a requirement from Google soon.

However, this library no longer seems to work on this SDK target version. I get the following error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: libijkffmpeg.so: has text relocations

I'm using ffmpeg_B4a 1.33

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This error is blocking since Android 6 (official changelog):
@moster67: The first thing to try to get rid of these text relocations is to recompile the C code with the latest NDK.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However, this library no longer seems to work on this SDK target version
As @Informatix mentioned, this is due to text-relocations which has been a known issue for some time. Initially this would only happen with x86-architecture but in later SDKs there are warnings present also with ARM. Further up the road, Android will also require that third-party binaries/libraries will include 64bit versions so also this needs to be fixed with this library. The original project which I wrapped partially and compiled suitable binaries for has now grown and maybe later on I will update my ffmpeg_b4a-wrapper although I don't promise anything.

You could use my Vitamio5 wrapper which has been updated recently and works fine with new SDKs. Alternatively, you could probably use my VLC-wrapper.
@moster67: The first thing to try to get rid of these text relocations is to recompile the C code with the latest NDK.
I might give that a try.
This project is supposed to fix the issue:
Problem is that said binaries also include the encoding part of ffmpeg which makes the library exceptionally large for decoding purposes only.

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'v switched to the exoplayer. Works fine!
Good. If possible, you should always prefer "standard" players such as ExoPlayer or VideoView. The ffmpeg based libs are available where you may have decoding issues.

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi @moster67 ,

I'm needing to convert some gifs to mp4. does this lib has the resource? If yes, how can I download the lib?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…