iOS Question files internal ios

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Good morning everyone. I would like to have some advice on how to approach writing files inside the phone. My app downloads an image of a card from an FTP server that it has to save inside the phone to be quick to load it when I return the second time. The question is: should you save it under which folder? do I create one in particular? I have never written files inside ios, is it similar to b4a?
thank you

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning everyone. I would like to have some advice on how to approach writing files inside the phone. My app downloads an image of a card from an FTP server that it has to save inside the phone to be quick to load it when I return the second time. The question is: should you save it under which folder? do I create one in particular? I have never written files inside ios, is it similar to b4a?
thank you
Good afternoon.
No it is not the same as Android the file system is very different.
You only can save and like to keep is file.dirdocuments. But be careful this folder will also be deleted when you delete the app.
I use ITunes to save the files on the PC to set it back when needed.
Lets say I have not found a other way to writing files to the IPhone and keep them safe

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here a link to show the folders you can use.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest using "xui.DefaultFolder" and File.ReadString, File.WriteString, etc.
especially if you are writing a cross-platform application.

Example:

xui.SetDataFolder("YourFolderName")
File.WriteString(xui.DefaultFolder,"filename","string")

Upvote 0