Finding DLL on PPC

paul j

Licensed User
Hi ,

After installing B4PPC on the PDA, I can't find the DDL-folder. Is this only available at the desktop?

I use a CF-card while creating code for PPC-applications. So I can work at my applications with my PDA, Laptop or Desktop. The Anywhere Software concept? When adding a DLL to the project, both the desktop and PPC-versions, with the Desk- or Laptop, it can be found while running on the Desktop. But running teh applicatication on the PDA, it can''t find the DLL. I can see it on the card in the proper folder, just one level down the root. Moving the project to the root doesn't make a difference.

Paul J:sign0085:

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I understood your problem, the solution is to have a folder on the card where you put all your .dll's from >Anywhere Software folder in "Programs">/Librarys.
All the code you are writing then goes in that folder too.
Now everything should work fine.

When starting to create an application on the device, you add .dll's from the folder named above.
When bringin it on the Desktop to e.g. continue work, you have to put all the dll's the program uses into the folder on the desktop comp..

As you see, the dlls have to be in same folder as the final .exe or the .sbp

paul j

Licensed User
Thanks MM2forever, I understand both the SBP and needed DLL has to be in the same folder, and that's is my situation. But I want to work with both the code and the needed DLL's on the same CF-card, both on the PPC and on the DeskTop (over a card-reader). I want to avoid to move/copy files when changing my environment. That's not my idea of developing Software Anywhere.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The dll files are not installed by default on the device.
It is recommended to create your projects under the synchronized folder (\My Documents).
That way you can easily work on your code, on the desktop and on the device and the required libraries will automatically be copied to the device.
However you can manually copy all the dll files from the desktop to the device.
They are located under: "C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Libraries"

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For a while I used a StorageCard as a base of operations, so when I was on desktop, I'de pop-in the sd in the reader, and when finished pop it out to use in the device.With this solution You have to remember to always load both device and desktop dlls that are beeing used in your under-developing app...

paul j

Licensed User
I followed the several advises, so I created a b4ppc_dll folder on the CF-card and Copied al the dll's from the desktop. From the PPC I opend my project en immediadly it launched the error "an error orrured\storage card\b4ppc_projects\outlook.dll". examening the folder I see the dll. In the project I removed the pointer and added the dll again, all with the components-function. Same error. Running the application on the CF-card from the desktop, there are no errors. I use the most recent DLL's (sept 2007)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I From the PPC I opend my project en immediadly it launched the error "an error orrured\storage card\b4ppc_projects\outlook.dll". examening the folder I see the dll. In the project I removed the pointer and added the dll again, all with the components-function. Same error. Running the application on the CF-card from the desktop, there are no errors. I use the most recent DLL's (sept 2007)

How can you be sure if the code is running OK in the desktop if, as Erel mentioned, OutlookDesktop is a dummy library, so it does NOTHING!?
Another thing that might be hapenning is that you are keeping the outlookDesktop component reference when running the app in the device....try to delete it...and don't forget to ad the device version dll....

paul j

Licensed User
Hi Paulo,

the last you mentioned, removing the pointer/reference of the desktop, is just what I did and added the reference again but from the PPC, but still the error is there.B4PPC can find SBP several levels deed in the folder-structure, so I suppose it can do this with de DDL's to... or not? putting the SBP and the DLL in the root of the CF-Card, didn't give a result

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would suggest that you posted the code sample that error so that we can take a better look at it....
Remember also that outlook is a .net cf2.0 dependent dll so you must have it installed before .....

paul j

Licensed User
Hoi Paulo,

thanks for your help. See the attachement.

gr Paul J

Attachments

• CreateAppointment.sbp
    1.5 KB · Views: 169