Java Question Firebase manifest snippet causes application crash

Jookus

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am learning to make wrappers. My goal is to be able to modify and wrap Firebase text recognizer.

I have started from super simple application. I created a simple java class that just takes two integers as input parameters and returns the calculated sum of those. I managed to wrap it and implement to my B4A project succesfully. The app works perfectly.

Continuing with the same app my next step was to prepare it for Firebase integration. I added the following two snippets to my manifest as instructed here.

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Firebase​

I also added a line

#AdditionalJar: com.google.android.gms:play-services-base​

to my B4A code. I changed nothing else but added those three lines.
Now my app crashes immediately when started with error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/vatialaworks.b4a.wrapperone-_yunscyPG0UPnvgF8LM5eA==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/vatialaworks.b4a.wrapperone-_yunscyPG0UPnvgF8LM5eA==/lib/x86_64, /system/lib64]]​

I've tried to add various firebase related jars found from MVNRepository to Basic4android\Libraries and additional libraries folders but without success.

What am I missing?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User