Android Question Firebase Push Notification

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all
In the tutorial I read that I need to enable the API v1 which I did and generate the new json file.

So my question is - if I will generate the new private key json file how it will affect the application that is currently in Play market?

Last edited:

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I can tell, this is more about the sender than the receiver, so as long as your app on the play market only receives Push messages and does not send any then it will be ok,
I have an old app in the store and can send it messages using the new method.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I can tell, this is more about the sender than the receiver, so as long as your app on the play market only receives Push messages and does not send any then it will be ok,
Great news. I just want to feed my paranoia before start the new API.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
One more question - do you use B4J app as a sender? Right now I took a JSON string generated by the previous version of B4J app and just implemented into my ASP.NET website.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I do not I use PHP on a webserver. There are some PHP senders linked on this site somewhere.
what are you using for sending messages? B4J project?

I need to implement it into ASP,NET but the token is valid for about 1 hour and I need somehow implement it B4J GetTokenValue into my asp,net project.

Upvote 0