Android Question FlutterFlow style for B4A ... B4X

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any tool to prototype and create the basics for B4A like FlutterFlow....

B4A is simple, but nothing like drawing and seeing the things realtime and generating all the code in the RAD style (thing that Delphis does for ages)

FlutterFlow is an example of this

Could point to me anything that could got this way?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is Flutterflow?
Delphi does create FlutterFlow since ages???

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don Manfred

Seems you dont know what RAD means.... Nothing says that Delphi generates Flutter this is not what i said, I meant RAD

However I am looking for something easier to generate app based on screen drawing.

FlutterFlow is an example where you almost like no code create an app, and after you can evolve it change the generated source code

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is Flutterflow?
Delphi does create FlutterFlow since ages???

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don Manfred

Seems you dont know what RAD means.... Nothing says that Delphi generates Flutter this is not what i said, I meant RAD

However I am looking for something easier to generate app based on screen drawing.

FlutterFlow is an example where you almost like no code create an app, and after you can evolve it change the generated source code
You will not find anything similar to what you are looking for in b4x

you can see Banano but it generates PWA

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I just went to the given link of FlutterFlow and checked Pricing.

firefox_c63leVKsBT.png

Yes. if you are ready to pay per month some money then obviously you do not need B4X, which Erel made free.
In free FlutterFlow, one can not download the APK and Code, so it is just a looking at the beautiful sky from the window.
B4X helps me fly in that beautiful sky for free.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

View attachment 143712

Yes. if you are ready to pay per month some money then obviously you do not need B4X, which Erel made free.
In free FlutterFlow, one can not download the APK and Code, so it is just a looking at the beautiful sky from the window.
Just One comment: I've been working with flutter and react for years, They both have a lot of free tools and UIs.

For example:

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just One comment: I've been working with flutter and react for years, They both have a lot of free tools and UIs.
Yes, and Android Studio too.
Many members here have years of experience in both and are happy to use B4X.

Erel can not give all features of all development suites, that too for free, IMHO.
Anyway expert members here have many time demonstrated by adding libraries which does better views comparatively.
Maybe some one will do it.

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User

View attachment 143712

Your point is wrong in so many levels......

if you use a tool to earn money there is no problem in pay for your tool.... for years I paid for B4A

There is a plan that is not expensive that you create your app and download the source code based in flutter framework. Than you are free expand.

Seems you are not aware of Dart and everything you can do. There are a tool for each situation. B4A is good to create apps that are complex but with targeted needs (speak generally). Major apps for commercial targets are not fast to do with b4a compared with tools like FlutterFlow. There are lack of support for good grids, tables and formatted commercial data that all interact with each other easily.

So you dont need to feel attacked.

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think B4X is exactly the RAD tool with the integrated WYSIWYG(almost) designer.
I use b4a for 7 years and I am happy with it for POS creation, powerful and easy for this.

However is everything but RAD. It remembers more the way MS C++ used to create forms and you manipulate it.

The best good thing about B4A is that since is a transpiler that let you insert JAVA you can control many things that lacks in other languages without the HUGE disadvantage that Java has, that is development speed.

Granted that, to design the apps drawings it is far behind other solutions nowadays. It does no mean I am going to leave it. Since for my POS I dont need to be creating forms all the time.

However for a ERP style app that needs several good quality screens it takes to much time.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However for a ERP style app that needs several good quality screens it takes to much time.
I seldom see nice design in ERP or enterprise level system. Maybe I haven't seen much.

Software companies in my country only use whatever available in the market. Usually the default controls available in Visual Studio. Look ugly but it sells. Some will invest a bit on third party controls like Syncfusion. That's all. Nothing fancy or creative.

Google Material Design focused on simplified and clean design. I don't think it is good but at the same time not bad.
iOS native design also plain and clean.

After years of using B4A, I already used to abstract designer. If I want to see real preview, I have it on my real device through bridge or emulator. That is true WYSIWYG view. For me, B4X suite is a RAD tool as it claimed. It also save resources not to load complex preview in the IDE. This is great for older or less powerful machine. B4A/B4i/B4J also provide actual user experience in Debug mode. All these reasons answer to why I prefer B4A than Android Studio or Visual Studio.

I think nowadays Low/No Code tools are getting popular in enterprise. Again, I expect the controls also offer not much of choices.

Many developers here provide a lot of custom libraries which are super beautiful. Even the default views or internal libraries can be highly customized to look good in different style or themes. In my opinion, B4A/B4J are better than many paid or subscription based tools like xojo.

I haven't seen your POS. I admit I am not a good UI designer. For me, I am satisfied with the POS I developed with B4X. I can say much better in term of design compare to some of the popular POS in my country. Design is only one of the selling points but there are other points that make a system sells. Perhaps, pay or hire someone who can design better UI.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a plan that is not expensive that you create your app and download the source code based in flutter framework. Than you are free expand.
In now way I meant disrespect to F. or for the matter A.S.
Experts in various languages here may be at home with these suits, but I failed miserably when I tried A.S.
I, as a non-java knowledge developer, am more than happy with B4X, which hides java and gives me true APK/ABB to upload and earn from G.Play.
All thanks to @Erel

Upvote 0