Wish Folder of keys

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
The key folder is created automatically for each application. Only the password is set in the menu.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have a single developer account then it is a mistake to use different folders.

I believe this to be correct from a technical perspective, but might be wrong from a business perspective. If the developer foresees a possibility of selling the app (with source) at some point, it would be benificial to have a separate key for the app. Just to make sure that the buyer would only be able to upload new versions of the bought app. But please do correct me if I'm wrong here.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
it would be benificial to have a separate key for the app
You need to better define the meaning of "key". You can have multiple certificate and provision profiles in the same folder. This is the recommended way to work with multiple "keys". They all should be based on the same CSR file.

Unlike in Android there is no real issue here as you can always change all of the app keys. So no need to worry about using the same CSR file.

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using B4i for only two days, I'm totally beginner. It would be better to have a separate certificate folder for each application.
I already have a nice brothel with these files.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User