Android Question FontFamilyFont

Shelby

Licensed User
I'm following along with the new SDK version change requirement Erel tutorial and when I try to run the code I get the following error message which I've experienced at least once before.
B4X:
B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.04s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.00s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.66s)
Generating R file.    Error
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:font
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontStyle
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontWeight

My question: How does one set the FontFamilyFont? Is it a library that I need to activate in the library tab?
Thanks
P.S. In case it helps, here is the code that returns the error message (as I said it is a copy of Erel's code in the SDK tutorial
B4X:
Sub Process_Globals
    Private rp As RuntimePermissions
    Private shared As String
End Sub

Sub Globals
    'These global variables will be redeclared each time the activity is created.
    'These variables can only be accessed from this module.

End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)   

shared = rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("")
    Dim testFolder As String = rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("test")
    File.WriteString(testFolder, "test.txt", "aaa")

End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume

End Sub

Sub Activity_Pause (UserClosed As Boolean)

End Sub

Last edited:

Shelby

Licensed User
Jeffrey Cameron or any other knowledgeable member:
I have changed my targeted sdkversion to 26 in the manifest editor. I even tried changing to 27 as member Kentric did in (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/93459/#content) but no dice for me. It doesn't alleviate my error of:
B4X:
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:font
when I run the debugger, as I stated above.
I still don't know how one sets the fontfamilyfont but I'm hoping to learn this.
Thanks
P.S. I'm gladly willing to buy a beer.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
O.K., although I have already done that months ago. Are you saying I need to perform the entire process again?
Thanks
P.S. If I download all those programs again should I delete all the previous ones that I now have?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
I downloaded the new sdk-tools-windows-3859397 zip file and I put the zip file into the bin folder. Is that proper installation or should I extract a particular file to place in the existing bin folder?
Thanks

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Watch the installation video. 5 minutes which describes ALL needed.

Start with a FRESH EMPTY FOLDER and follow the Video EXACTLY

Upvote 0